Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Favorite "Singing in the Shower" Song?

Everyone has one, you know, what song do you end up singing every time you're in the shower? Mine is "Happy Together" (by The Association?); the song is right in my range, and that descending triad/ascending triad melody in the chorus is just plain FUN to sing at the top of your lungs (I live alone, although the dogs usually bark if I repeat the chorus a third time).

What's yours? :)

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The most obnoxious, annoying thing I can think of at the time...

"TO DREEEE-AAAAM, THE IMPOSSSIBLE DREEEEAAAAAM"

or

"FEEEEE-EEELINGS! WO WO WO FEEEEE-EEEELINGS"

Something like that.

:D:D:D

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

I don't sing in the shower (i don't live alone anymore).

I sing while driving a lot, though.

my biggest problem is that i don't always remember the lyrics to songs, so either i hum them, or just imitate the guitar, bass or horns.

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

"Grandpa's Little Ditty" by Primus.

As I stand in the shower

Singing opera and such

Pondering the possibility

That I pull the pud too much

There's a scent that fills the air -

Is it flatus? Just a touch

And it makes me think of you

:thu:

"I had to have something, and it wasn't there. I couldn't go down the street and buy it, so I built it."

Les Paul

I used to sing 'most anything that made me feel happy. But I've moved into a new home, and the shower has no acoustics. The tub/surround is made of plastic "tile" and the ceiling is a dropped acoustical tile. The walls are (primed) wood panel.

Songs that once I sang: Son of a Preacher Man, The Lion Sleeps Tonight, Little Drummer Boy; many by Sinead O'Conor, the Cranberries, Laurie Anderson, The Cocteau Twins, The Sundays, and whatever came to mind at the time. (There are so many more. My roommate once said she felt like she had an untuned radio station coming from my bathroom because I'd get into a song and (almost) smoothly change without warning.

Singing in the shower was such a freedom of mind and body--and most when i felt in touch with my spirit, my inner-me that i don't reveal to most people.

*sigh*

I wish I had an acoustically friendly shower. :cry:

My shower is made up of clear glass and not separated from the master bedroom at all. So I sing "What's New Pussycat" to my wife as she lays half a sleep in bed. Or... I wanna thank you... for lattin' me... be mah-self... a-geh-hen. Or... that Leo Sayer song, "When I need you, I just close my eyes.....and I'm with you.

This needs to be done with as much gusto and over the top emotion as my caffeine starved bad self will allow.

TAKE ME TO THE BRIDGE!

Like a Bridge over Troubled water, I will hose you down...

Lately, it's been "Hey Ya" (OutKast) or "I Believe In a Thing Called Love" by The Darkness. But it's sometimes either one of my band's songs, Journey "Don't Stop Believin'" (this is more to get my girlfriend running out of the room cringing, though :D ), "Little Red Corvette", or whatever I've heard in the last 24 hours.

Archived