Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

broken Oktava mk012?

any ideas on this: I used my new Oktava Mk012 mics as drum overheads. They were out of the way of any sticks flying, etc... In the middle of the session I noticed I wasn't getting a signal on one of the Oktavas. I touched the mic and moved the cord a little and it seemed to be working. Then at the end of the session, I took the mic off the stand and it has something loose rattling in it. I tested it again and it only works right if I get it in the correct position.............at least its no neumann ($$) i guess...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok, I'll look into that. I can't return it now (i've had it for 4 weeks but only used it twice), so I'll see how long it lasts if I get it in the "correct" position (so it actually works), and when it completely stops working, I will have to have it fixed. You think I could get it fixed (don't forget shipping) at sound room for less than the $75 I spent on it? I'll have to email them and see how much they charge. thanks for the advice.

While their QC is pitiful, they will replace the mic, even if it is out of warrantee. I know a couple people had problems with their mics (after a year or more, out of warranty for sure) and after contacting Octavia they returned the mic for a remplacement. Only cost was one way shipping.

Hope this is helpful.

NP Recording Studios

Analog approach to digital recording.

Archived