Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

CONGRATULATION BOB DYLAN

Larryz

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just posted this news on that OTHER guitar forum.

In essence I said, "Bob's been a HUGE influence on both aspiring musicians AND already established singer/songwriters. NOW all he needs is that LONG overdue Gershwin award."

Congradulations indeed! :)

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

There IS some money given with each Nobel prize as I understand. Not sure of how much( I once heard it was around $50,000), so it can't be MONEY that's holding up Bob.

Whitefang

Oh yeah. I heard he was "wheezing it up" with those other fogeys in that "Desert Trip" thing. :D

A lotta "snow" at that event, if ya get my drift( no pun intent), and NOT the kind there USED to be a lot of at their concerts. ;)

Whitefang

Uh, am I missing something here?

The "snow" I was referring to was the "snow on the roof" that most(or all) the performers and likely most of the people in the audience now have. :D

The OTHER "snow" I mentioned was something ELSE that used to permeate the scene at many concerts back in the "day". ;) Nowadays, most of those folks probably snort METAMUCIL! :D

Whitefang

Well Cher just kicked off her Vegas tour yesterday at the age of 70 and was in the news...she has the advantage of coloring her hair. Not a lot of snow on her roof top, but she still looks good at her age. I give old Bob credit along with his "other fogeys" for still being out there on stage...I'll send old fogey credits/kudos out to the Stones for still being out there and rocking it too! Sorry about misinterpreting the "wheezing it up" concept... :crazy:
Take care, Larryz

:D:D

Remember that video The Dead did for their song "Touch Of Grey" with the skeleton marionettes? My daughter, going about her housework with the TV on(sound muted) saw it in the corner of her eye and said, "I thought it was a STONES video!" :D

Whitefang

A bit in today's paper quoting PAUL SIMON who said he might step back from touring, but has NO plans on retiring. So, there ya go.

A lot of old fogeys, looking for something to do or to augment their meager pensions find work in fast food joints.

Can you imagine pulling up to the drive-thru window at Mickey D's and having your Filet o' Fish handed to you by PAUL SIMON? Or BOB DYLAN or NEIL YOUNG or even BILL WYMAN, who turnes 80 today? :D

Whitefang (Happy birthday Bill!)

My brother in law got off a good one on his grandson.

The kid called him an "old fart" in reply to something, and my brother in law said, "You say that like it's a BAD thing. But, a FRESH fart smells as bad as an OLD one, if not WORSE." :D

Just remember....the OLDER a fart gets, the less it STINKS. Remember THAT, you YOUNG FARTS! :D

Whitefang

• 2 weeks later...

AIEeee!

Don't want to sound like a prig, but....

"TOO" is synomynous with "also" plus in some cases, "more".

"To" usually indicates a movement or direction, or also indicating the result of an action.

For example;

Bobby D's "too" busy.--

Joni Mitchell is one of those artrist's I don't listen "to".

THANK you, "Grammar Rock". ;)

Whitefang (Loc: "Conjuction Junction")

I know how to use "too" and "to" and put too and too together two, and I really don't need the Grammar Rock to point out the errors. If I pointed out your BS typos and errors, I wouldn't have time too get anything else posted... :crazy:
Take care, Larryz

Archived