Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Happy birthday to Sammy Hagar

Sharkman

Happy 69th birthday to The Red Rocker, Sammy Hagar. I first saw Sammy when he was a solo artist back in 1977 when he was opening up for Journey and Boston. Sammy was quite impressive that night. The next time I saw Sammy, he was the new lead singer for Van Halen, and they were on their 5150 tour in 1986. While I still think Van Halen wrote better songs with Dave, there is no question that they were far superior playing live with Sammy. At least, that's my far from humble opinion.

So have a happy birthday, Sammy, and I hope you have many more to come.

I rock; therefore, I am.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't realize Sammy is older than Uncle Ted. The Nuge turns 68 in December. Ted started really young.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Thanks for filling the breech Shark. His is one b'day not mentioned in MY usual source.

And coincidentally, close to David Lee Roth's birthday, which was on the 10th, and which I ALSO didn't mention. But, I really didn't care...

I remember first hearing of Sammy back in the '70's when I saw a TV commercial for his "All Night Long" LP. I've not before, nor since, seen a television ad for a rock LP save for some K-TEL compilation.

Happy birthday Sammy. You ARE one "Bad Motor Scooter"!

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

He still cant drive 55.... without forgetting to turn his left blinker off!

I'm not that much younger than Sammy, and I too, never FORGET to turn it off.

However, my 80 year old brother in law can't seem to REMEMBER to turn it off! ;)

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Archived