Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT Well, here we go again with the cat

I've just about had it this time.

Right now, I'm typing on my old computer keyboard, which has a problematic space bar and some other issues. But I'm glad I kept it around, because my cat(s) managed to both piss on my mixer and throw up on my other keyboard sometime last night.

I think the mixer is history. I haven't tried to power it up, but there was disgustingly smelly cat pee draining out of it when I tilted it. It also sprinkled down on a power amp and a couple of outboard effects boxes which I don't know are functional or not. The cat must have squatted right in the middle of the mixer channels, peeing directly into the faders.

This was purposeful and malicious. The little fuzzy satanic beasts may not know it yet, but their days are numbered. I think I could make a nice set of slippers from the gray/white one.

Completely uncalled for. I feed those little bastards every day, take them to the vet when they're sick, et cetera. How am I paid back? By having everything I own of value destroyed in a 6 hour period.

Anyway, the pukey keyboard is outside baking in the sun for awhile. I'm not even going to think about the mixer for awhile (except for every time I inhale and get the fresh aromatic essence of ammonia-based cat pee in my nostrils).

Really, they gotta go. Anyone want a slightly-used cat? How about a pee-filled mixer? They're both available, cheap.

- Jeff

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Cymbals:

It either has a uurniary tract infection, and is trying to tell you, or it is just pissed off about something.

Yes, it's pissed off, and now my stuff is pissed on.

I yelled at one of them before I went to bed last night for taking a crap on the floor outside the litter box. This was its revenge.

Damn cat. I could probably throw it 20-30 yards, possibly with a spiral on it if I grip it correctly.

- Jeff

It was piss-poor, Zeronyne! :D (Sorry Jeff, I just couldn't let that go. ;) )

I understand completely. My 6 cats have been trying my wife's patience with similar behaviour, though they have sense enough to know peeing or pooping on my musical gear is grounds for an immediate full body shave, whiskers included. ;)

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Jeff, do you keep your cats indoors?

I had the same problem with Piranha (except he pissed on my clothes and in my shoes), then I got fed up and opened the door and threw him out.

He ran away for about a day. I got worried that he gat ran over or eaten by a dog. But he was scratching at the door the next morning.

He is now an outdoor cat, comes inside to eat...and he doesn't piss on my clothes anymore.

Some cats are not meant to stay inside. They need to get out and chase small animals only to leave their guts on my front porch :mad: Nothing like bringing a girl home and having a half-eaten bird waiting on your porch.. pleasant.

Cats :rolleyes:

0096 2251 2110 8105

Wow, it happened again. That's just crazy.

The cat is obviously upset at you for something specific. Did you move around any furniture lately? That might do it, or did you leave some window blinds closed one day that you usually leave open? Do you remember breathing wrong recently?

Jeff, next time you have to yell at your cats, leave everything turned on/powered up in the studio. May take care of the problem; make sure you have fresh batteries in your smoke detectors...
This one is funny too!

Originally posted by Jeff Da Weasel:

Anyone want a slightly-used cat? How about a pee-filled mixer? They're both available, cheap.

- Jeff

Ebay. There -has- to be a market for this sort of thing. Mind you, I don't want to know about it, but I'm sure that there's a market for this sort of thing.
Give me the ANALOG and no one gets HURT

Originally posted by Griffinator:

We had a male cat that started in with that stuff - we had to start putting him out. He left one day and never came back...

Now we pretty much stick with females. They don't ever feel compelled to "mark" their territory.

Funny you should mention this. Even though both our males and females have been spayed/neutered, it's one of our females who repeatedly attempts to "spray" her territory. I didn't even know female cats had the inclination to try. :D

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Again (for thse of you who missed it the last time a couple years back)...

- The cat is neutered.

- He's an indoor cat exclusively.

- All three of my cats were driven insane by my son in his "toddler swinging cat around by tail" phase, and one moved out (lives outside permanently) as a result.

- I know for a FACT that the cat did this purposefully. He's the one who is oriented on vengeance.

Want to see the culprit?

http://home.earthlink.net/~jeffannak/images/cappy1.jpg

He has tha criminal look in his eyes, doesn't he?

- Jeff

Even though both our males and females have been spayed/neutered, it's one of our females who repeatedly attempts to "spray" her territory. I didn't even know female cats had the inclination to try.
Maybe she's gay. :D:D:D

I have a male cat that is neutered, is this something that I need to watch out for because I can't afford to be replacing gear? The only equipment that I've ever noticed him get upon is my Clavinova... but the Clav is a HIGH DOLLAR instrument. Most of my other items are shelved with no head room for him to access... or they CAN BE... if this is something that will be a threat.

Maybe this is a motivation to get my garage converted over into a studio... with DOORS on it.

Archived