Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

POLL: Logic PC Users, What Did You Do?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Doug Osborne:

bump

Magix music studio 2004 deLuxe seems to be Logic 5.x with ASIO, VST and DX compatibility, new amp simulation, CD burning, drum machines...all for $79.95.

Is eMapple coding this?

From an article I found on Sonicstate.com, Emagic did in fact design the GUI for the product. I'm just trying to get an idea of the functionality of the product. I've seen it for as low as $59, which, if it does everything they say it can do, makes the $29 PowerTracks look like a joke...

Pete

Originally posted by pbognar:

bump

Magix music studio 2004 deLuxe seems to be Logic 5.x with ASIO, VST and DX compatibility, new amp simulation, CD burning, drum machines...all for $79.95.

Is eMapple coding this?

From an article I found on Sonicstate.com, Emagic did in fact design the GUI for the product. I'm just trying to get an idea of the functionality of the product. I've seen it for as low as $59, which, if it does everything they say it can do, makes the $29 PowerTracks look like a joke...

Pete

Back when Magix was the distributor for Samplitude, eMagic was definitely designing Magix Studio; at one point, Magix Studio x.x was introduced and it was a slightly modified Logic 5.x (with their new bundled softsynths, for example), before eMagic had introduced 5.x. This is the case now - it seems like Magix is Logic 5.x with new features (an amp sim, for example) that are either newly developed or were developed before the great scism. Bunch of lying liers :rolleyes:

Originally posted by pbognar:

bump

Is eMapple coding this?

Pete

Back when Magix was the distributor for Samplitude, eMagic was definitely designing Magix Studio; at one point, Magix Studio x.x was introduced and it was a slightly modified Logic 5.x (with their new bundled softsynths, for example), before eMagic had introduced 5.x. This is the case now - it seems like Magix is Logic 5.x with new features (an amp sim, for example) that are either newly developed or were developed before the great scism. Bunch of lying liers :rolleyes:
Maybe this is supposed to be kept a big secret by Logic PC users, so that Apple won't put an end to it... hush hush hush

Pete

There's an emagic app bundled with a Roland controller and apparently that still has some life in it as well.

My assumption is that these companies signed contracts with emagic for development and when the contracts expire, so will any further development.

Archived