Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Page dedicated to Doors Tutorials

ClaudioKeys

Dear forumers,

hoping that you can enjoy it I post here the link to my new page dedicate to Doors and Ray Manzarek: Doors Keyboard Tutorials.

Tutorials that should unveil all the secrets of Ray's music and take away all the possible doubts about how to play the passages. We transcribed the music note by note, in a philological and sometimes, effectively, almost maniacal way. We used a panoramic camera to show very clearly the finger movements on the keys and add the scores, as the most of piano players are coming from classical studies. You'll find all these elements in one single screen and we tell also the story of the song.

Here the link to my first three Tutorials:

Roadhouse blues

Break on through #2

Take it as it comes

Look forward for your comments!

C.

Setup: fantom X7 SRX 03-06-07-12; Roland FA-08, NordElectro4, Privia330.

It is not important how you play, it is important how you music!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very cool to hit it with the notation, live video footage of play, and the commentary. If you can't piece it together from this... time to sell your rig. ;)

I hope you have income from ads turned on. Just too much time invested on your end to be entirely benevolent. Maybe a few freebies and then earn something. YMMV

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Thank you all for the nice comments! There is much more to come and if you like it stay tuned! I am not doing any business with that, but yes, there is a lot of work inside. The passion...:-)

Nice work man, that's how to do a tutorial! I was playing in a Doors tribute a couple of years back, this would've have been perfect!

Remember - you can make a record without an organ on it, but it won't be as good

www.robpoyton.co.uk

Oops! I did a mistake in the links above, here are the right links to my first three Tutorials (before they were to the original songs):

Roadhouse blues

Break on through #2

Take it as it comes

Thank for all the nice comments!

C.

I just watched the first one. Amazing! I enjoy the Doors but never get to play them. Was actually just working on Light My Fire the other day. Managed to coax a fairly authentic tone out of an M3 with the Leslie on stop!

Wes

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

Thanks Wes, I was also using an Hammond emulator with the Leslie on stop on my nord electro 2, until I upgraded to the 4 in order to have the VOX It is a weird feeling to use the Hammond to play Doors because in some way the Hammond has for me simply a better sound than the Combo organs used by Ray Manzarek ;-), but the VOX is simply the real thing!

Ps: of course I have light my fire in my list, with the entire solo, if it can be of help just let me know!

Oops! I did a mistake in the links above, here are the right links to my first three Tutorials (before they were to the original songs):

I noticed that but just went to your facebook page and watched them there. :thu:

:nopity:

Excellent tutorials Claudio. BTW as a software only player live, I get a pretty authentic VOX tone out of Logic's Vintage B3.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

Excellent tutorials Claudio. BTW as a software only player live, I get a pretty authentic VOX tone out of Logic's Vintage B3.

Interesting. I used the "grand organ" on logic for the tutorials, but never engaged myself to find the VOX emulator to use live. Did you created it yourself ?

Hi Claudio,

Yes I created it. In MainStage 2 I used Martinic's last free iteration of the Vox and Farfisa organs. They were bought by Arturia. Using the final 64 bit versions in MS 3 I tweaked Vintage B3 to create presets that are almost identical.

Other B3 emulations, both hardware and software, like VB3, offer modelled transistor organ presets and I suspect that is how they are created also.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

Dear Forumers,

I have two new tutorials online:

WAITING FOR THE SUN! One of the most beloved Doors songs. Here the tutorials:

Rock Harpsichord for the Right Hand:

MOOG like bass for the Left Hand:

Have fun!

Here are some of my favorites (and not just because Rob is using my samples)...

[video:youtube]

[video:youtube]

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

• 1 month later...
Great stuff!!! You must have spent a good bit of time putting this tribute to "The Doors" & Ray Manzarek, together. Thanks for posting.
Hammond XK3-C; Yamaha Tyros 3; Casio PX-5S; Yamaha DX7 IID; Yamaha DGX 520; Yamaha Stagepas 500 & KS50 (x2) Leslie 147(1971) Lots of other stuff

Thanks a lot to everybody for the nice words. Feel free to subscribe, share and of course if there is some special request for some songs I'll give it priority!

Archived