Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

For Blues fans.

Steve Nathan

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great artist, first became aware of her when a band member suggested we cover Mud, Honey.

[video:youtube]

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

Cool tune, the organ does need to come up, though....and the vocal is muddy and a bit indistinct. Too much compression...the mix doesn't "breathe." The overall mix sounds like it has a cold. Shame, as she's got good pipes and the playing is ace all around.

TP

---

Todd A. Phipps

"...no, I'm not a Hammondoholic...I can stop anytime..."

http://www.facebook.com/b3nut ** http://www.blueolives.com

Been really enjoying the album since it came out. Sounds very like Bonamassa's recent albums for better and for worse (obviously!) but when she can sing and play like that I don't really care. There's some lovely keys work on it too, nothing flash just really nice comping and some really great countermelodies on the piano on the softer numbers. Not sure how I feel about having piano, Rhodes and Hammond on a track at the same time though. Something about that feels a bit wrong.

But man, what a voice! Gotta listen to it through again now...

Not sure how I feel about having piano, Rhodes and Hammond on a track at the same time though. Something about that feels a bit wrong.

This has piano, Rhodes, and Hammond on a track and has never felt wrong to me! YMMV, of course.

Not sure how I feel about having piano, Rhodes and Hammond on a track at the same time though. Something about that feels a bit wrong.

This has piano, Rhodes, and Hammond on a track and has never felt wrong to me! YMMV, of course.

Weirdly it doesn't bother me on that track - on the contrary I think it sounds great! I wonder if it's the differing styles, or the arrangement, or both?

Archived