Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Why Nuendo?

Chalk this question up to the ignorance of a guy who doesn't even use a software-based system (VS 1680) but what niche does Nuendo purport to fill? What does it bring to the table that Cubase doesn't? Even after reading a review I was still scratching my head(no critters,just confusion). At some point I know I'll have to make the jump to something computer-hosted so this question isn't entirely rhetorical. Thanks in advance for all replies. later, Mike :confused:

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hi coolhouse, Nuendo is similar to Cubase in many ways, but is more geared towards audio only and post production. MIDI features are very limited, surround is implemented heavily from the ground-up, IMHO it sounds better than Cubase, 64 Group channels as opposed to 8, offline processing (a huge help), unlimited undos (Cubase really sucks in that dept with only ONE), the layout is quite a bit cleaner, separate automation tracks for each parameter/channel, and i find it to be a bit more efficient with the CPU than Cubase is. Plus it supports 96k....it's a very nice program, much more expensive than Cubase though. Hope that helps a bit, Shiver
Rule #2: Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Also surround production and surround plugin support and the ability to export OMF and also the amazing ability do undo plugs after they've been applied.Add multiple undo's which Cubase amazingly is still restricted to a paltry 1.And much more that I can't remember off the top of my head.
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

Archived