Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Went back east for a week a few weeks back

desertbluesman

My wifey went to Florida a few weeks back for a girls week with her 2 sisters, so I booked myself a flight into Philly the same day that they left, and the same day that they returned with only a couple of hours difference on the trip out, and an hour on the trip home.

So my family had several parties for me planned, and a few popped up unannounced. A BBQ on the day after I got east they invited all of my family of my generation to the BBQ including cousins of our generation. Nice time, after a night off we had another party with friends whom I have not seen in 45 years. So we were sitting around a table reminiscing with two of my sisters younger than me and one older. So my friend Eddie pulls out a vaporizer and off we went into that scene. My 2 younger sisters were in the hippy scene with me back then but the older one was not so most of us took up the vape and did what we do, except for the older sister who was not at all interested, but she caught a contact buzz and we all went into the whole 60's scene lock stock and barrel just like it was back in the 1960's, I laughed so hard that night my sides hurt for days after. The old friends and my family were back there in the late 60's for that one evening.

The next night we had a party with my 50's friends, the guys I went to grammar school with, no smoke but plenty of wine etc. My 50's friends jumped off the ship when psychedelia came around, and we kinda parted company about then.

So in conclusion, I did the BBQ dated this year and a 60's party and a 50's party plus a few happy hours between. I have not had that much fun and laughter since the old days.

Wonderful time......

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DBM, That sounds like a blast for sure! My lead guitar man moved up to my town about 3 years ago and now my drummer is going to close escrow in 30 days in my town. Our original Ventures tribute band was The Caskets from 1965, so we will be partying and putting the band back together! Just for fun! My drummer and I have known each other since 1959 in fourth grade and my lead player and I have known each other since '65! My other buddy that I have known since seventh grade somewhere around '63 is within 30 miles and maybe we'll get him to play bass for us LOL! It's great to be in the company of your old gang from the block! Glad you had a great time with the 50's and 60's theme. I too, have never grown out of it! :keynana::cheers::puff::w00t:
Take care, Larryz

Glad you had a great time with the 50's and 60's theme. I too, have never grown out of it! :keynana::cheers::puff::w00t:

Ha, my mom once asked me "when are you going to grow up?" And I said never. And true to my words I never did in the way she meant it....

Ha, my mom once asked me "when are you going to grow up?" And I said never. And true to my words I never did in the way she meant it....

AMEN!

Like that old saying, "Just because there's snow on the roof, it don't mean there's no fire in the furnace!"

Well, in MY case, there's just FEWER SHINGLES on the roof! :D

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

That is freakin awesome-

I am still in contact with many of my crew from back in the day. Sadly, one or two key members are no longer with us. But if I were to return stateside-unlikely for now but if-there is a major reunion in store. When I`m back for a visit time is inevitably in short supply, so I usually drop in on one or two mates and we do our thing-in Minnesota it`s more a family trip, some members are partiers but others aren`t or had to give it up. A lot of friends have come to favor quality of refreshments over quantiy as time has passed, either due to cost, health issues or having more responsibilities. Personally that`s one thing that bugs me about living in Asia, particularly Japan. If you`re into alcohol or tobacco this is your place. Anything else, forget it.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Many of my friends from back in the day are gone. Some long gone. So it was a great experience to get back to the feeling of both eras, one night for the 60's and the next night for the 50's.

As far as I know only several of my old 50's crowd are still among the living. Maybe 30 of the hundred or so of the class of 1961, our high school graduating class. They all gathered one weekend after I was back home for an informal 55th year reunion. Sorry I missed it. The after reunion e-mails sounded like a lot of fun.

I only attended my graduating class's 10th reunion. I noticed also that all the old "cliques" from back in the school days all gathered at the same tables. My ex and I (we graduated together) sat at a table with some people we never hung out with in those days and had a BLAST!

Whitefang

My 5 buddies and I all graduated in '68. We went to our 25th reunion (the only one we ever went to LOL!). We all sat at the same "clique" table and had a good time. Many of our alumni came up and said "hey, I remember you guys standing in front of the vending machines at lunch, before classes and breaks, and joking with every passer by". Yep, that's us LOL! It was fun seeing the old gals we all were ga ga over back in the day and the way they blossomed after 25 years LOL! :cool:
Take care, Larryz

HO! And sadly, just after a short TEN years, how some of the "hot" chicks back in the school days BALLOONED out! :(

I remember one gal, she always thought she was more "special" than everybody( even had a professional photographer set up a backdrop at the prom and follow her around) anyway, she was at the reunion too. She still looked nice, but as I passed her by coming back from the bar with my ex's drink, she looked up to see who was approaching and I looked at her and said, "HEY. How You DOIN' ?" and kept going.

A couple of minutes later there was a tap on my shoulder and THERE SHE WAS! She asked, "Pardon me...but do we KNOW each other?" I told her I knew who she was, but we didn't back then run in the same circle. She then asked, "Then, WHY did you say HELLO to me?" I told her "Well, we're all in the same boat here, aren't we? Same graduating class and all? So, why SHOULDN'T I say hello?" She was still puzzled by it all.

Sad. Seemed we all grew OLDER, but not all of us GREW UP. ;)

Whitefang

Archived