Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

AES Los Angeles 2016 Reports

Geoff Grace

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
iZotope should sell a lot of these:

iZotopes new plug-in, Neutron, is designed to enhance your mixing process but what makes it unusual is that it achieves this by listening to your audio and suggested EQ curves, as well as allowing you to visually identify overlapping frequencies.

[video:youtube]

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

I downloaded Neutron but so far it's too subtle for my ears. :idk:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I downloaded Neutron but so far it's too subtle for my ears. :idk:

I'm guessing you mean Neutrino rather than Neutron, Joe, as the Neutron has yet to be released. So far, I've only listened to the Neutrino's demos online through my laptop's speakers; but yeah, the differences were inaudibleat least in that context. In fact, they said in the demo that the changes might not be audible through laptop speakers. Subtle plugin.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

In headphones I've been really impressed with the combination of Neutrino and the Sie-Q. Was trying to clean up live recordings off of a TASCAM DR-40 and the combination of the two, along with the Waves H-EQ, lifted what I needed to lift.

My Site

Nord Electro 5D, Novation Launchkey 61, Logic Pro X, Mainstage 3, lots of plugins, fingers, pencil, paper.

iZotope Neutron was released today, and there's already a review online:

iZotope Neutron Review

Best,

Geoff

There's also a 10 day fully functioning demo available which I plan to download when work settles down a little. In the mean time, I'd love to hear what fellow KCers think. I tried the "teaser" Neutrino version and I have to agree the effect was kind of underwhelming. So subtle I struggled to be sure I was actually hearing much (if any) difference.

Archived