Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kronos questions

richforman

Here's another question and I'm sorry if it's a little vague. Is there an easy way to bring a timbre/program into a combi such that it sounds just like it does in Program mode?, I guess with the same effects? We all know the experience of doing that, you audition the sounds individually, one sounds great so you put it into your performance set-up and now it sounds completely thin and weak, and I've had this already in building my first few combi's.

Rich Forman

Yamaha MOXF8, Korg Kronos 2-61, Roland Fantom X7, Ferrofish B4000+ organ module, Roland VR-09, EV ZLX12P, K&M Spider Pro stand,

Yamaha S80, Korg Trinity Plus

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure,

In COMBI mode, top-right drop down menu select COPY FROM PROGRAM. The top dialog is the name of the program you're copying to the combi. Select IFXs-ALL USED. Choose whether you want to use the MFXs/TFXs from this program or not. If KARMA and drum tracks aren't important, don't worry. Choose which of the 16 timbre slots you want to put the program and click OK.

Now if you do the same for the next program in the combi and again select IFXs-ALL USED these will be added below the first program's IFXs and be properly routed.

So yes, it's pretty easy to get them to sound exactly or close to exact. It will be the master effects, MFXs/TFXs that might make some difference. These will always be overwritten if you select them each time.

Busch.

Wow awesome! Thanks for the response BB. Reminds me, after work, I'm going to go check out the new Beatles concert documentary at the local arthouse cinema and before I go in I might do a little bush burning of my own!

Rich Forman

Yamaha MOXF8, Korg Kronos 2-61, Roland Fantom X7, Ferrofish B4000+ organ module, Roland VR-09, EV ZLX12P, K&M Spider Pro stand,

Got another one. When in Combi mode you select the "copy from program" command to bring a program into a track, can you have it browse the programs by category rather than by banks? I can do that from Program mode, or in Combi mode on the "Play" page by clicking on the category name at the top of that track, but haven't seen how to get it to do that within "Copy From Program."

Rich Forman

That's a piece of lousy programming then, they should address that in a software update.

Rich Forman

That's a piece of lousy programming then, they should address that in a software update.

So I guess your grade of the Kronos went down from 100% to 99% ;)

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

Yes I'm loving it but of course we will always find a couple little quirks to complain about! As a software developer things like that come to my mind (browsing to find a program should be the same no matter what context you do it in).

Rich Forman

Used the new Kronos for my gig this last weekend, it was just one set and I didn't need any samples for it, so it was a perfect chance for me to get started with Set Lists and the basics of getting around. Very happy with the results, still plenty of tweaking to do.

Rich Forman

Used the new Kronos for my gig this last weekend, it was just one set and I didn't need any samples for it, so it was a perfect chance for me to get started with Set Lists and the basics of getting around. Very happy with the results, still plenty of tweaking to do.

Like most Kronos owners, you are going to evolve how you use/organize the Kronos and how you grow your Kronos sound.

Its incredibly powerful and it is flexible.

[70's Songwriter]

• 2 weeks later...
Last night sucked. I was playing a Demi Lovato tune called Confident and the Kronos locked up emitting a single high pitch sound. Sort of like when MIDI causes a stuck note. I brought up a JP 8 brass patch on the FA-06 while the Kronos rebooted and finished the tune. I hope this was an isolated incident. It was fine the rest of the night.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Last night sucked. I was playing a Demi Lovato tune called Confident and the Kronos locked up emitting a single high pitch sound. Sort of like when MIDI causes a stuck note. I brought up a JP 8 brass patch on the FA-06 while the Kronos rebooted and finished the tune. I hope this was an isolated incident. It was fine the rest of the night.

That's happened to me twice in 5 years.

If you use a UPS, I think it's isolated

[70's Songwriter]

I use a UPS. I'm not using any MIDI but I did have two devices connected to USB just to charge the batteries. ( my phone and a tablet running Mobile Sheets Pro.)

I use a UPS. I'm not using any MIDI but I did have two devices connected to USB just to charge the batteries. ( my phone and a tablet running Mobile Sheets Pro.)

The Kronos USB is convenient

I charge up my self driving electric car with it. No problems ;)

[70's Songwriter]

Hmm, that's odd...I tried plugging my iPad intoi T thinking it would charge and it said it couldn't charge from that source.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

That's because a standard USB2 port provides up to .5A. Your iPad charger provides 2A, an iPhone charger, 1A. .5A may be enough if the screen is off, but no way you'll be able to charge while using. Someone anecdotally reported needing a minimum of .8A for the iPad to think everything is ok.

So why do Mac USB ports work? Apparently, they have special powers ;)

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204377

That's because a standard USB2 port provides up to .5A. Your iPad charger provides 2A, an iPhone charger, 1A. .5A may be enough if the screen is off, but no way you'll be able to charge while using. Someone anecdotally reported needing a minimum of .8A for the iPad to think everything is ok.

So why do Mac USB ports work? Apparently, they have special powers ;)

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204377

I read Ed's post and mistakenly thought he was charging an iPad. I now looked back and see he said an iPhone and a "tablet". My mistake.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

I don't know the power requirements but my tablet is a android tablet running Mobile Sheets Pro. Which is just a fancy music specific PDF reader. It charges really slow. It pretty much just holds it own on a 4 hour gig.

Archived