Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone know where I can get a Kronos manual?

richforman

Bought a used one and it didn't come with any manuals. I see a guy on ebay trying to sell a set of the Operations Guide, Parameter Guide, and Voice Name List asking $220.00!! Sounds insane to me (and doesn't seem to include the Quick Start book). Of course I can download them from Korg's web site and I will, but does anyone know another source for a possibly less expensive hard copy?

thanks!

Rich Forman

Yamaha MOXF8, Korg Kronos 2-61, Roland Fantom X7, Ferrofish B4000+ organ module, Roland VR-09, EV ZLX12P, K&M Spider Pro stand,

Yamaha S80, Korg Trinity Plus

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bought a used one and it didn't come with any manuals. I see a guy on ebay trying to sell a set of the Operations Guide, Parameter Guide, and Voice Name List asking $220.00!! Sounds insane to me (and doesn't seem to include the Quick Start book). Of course I can download them from Korg's web site and I will, but does anyone know another source for a possibly less expensive hard copy?

thanks!

LOL, eBay, how typical.

Your hard copy is over 1000 pages. You could have Kinkos reproduce from the PDF

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

There is a guy on the Kronos Facebook group and he had the download manuals bound into nice hardcopies books. We were all like 'Wow Dog!, That is really cool.'

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

I see a guy on ebay trying to sell a set of the Operations Guide, Parameter Guide, and Voice Name List asking $220.00!!

I'll have to remember that... keep the manuals when I sell the keyboard, then put them on eBay for a ridiculous price. Thanks! :laugh:

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Get this, I offered him $25 and he counter-offered $210. Lotsa luck! Hey CEB what's the name of the facebook group you mentioned? I did a search and found several groups, wondering which is the most worthwhile or active.

Rich Forman

Yamaha MOXF8, Korg Kronos 2-61, Roland Fantom X7, Ferrofish B4000+ organ module, Roland VR-09, EV ZLX12P, K&M Spider Pro stand,

Yamaha S80, Korg Trinity Plus

KRONOS Enthusiast Workshop. It is the most active I have found. It is the only FB group I have found with any value.

The Kronos sub forum at Korg Forums is good also. I don't follow it very closely. It is very active.

This forum helped me out a lot, especially with the file management issues in creating my own sample sets. The Kronos filemanagement is goofy. It isn't as straight forward as Fantom or an EPS, IMO. If it hadn't been for Busch and LZ I would have probably taken an ax to the Kronos the first time I tried sampling. In hindsight it all makes sense but there are a couple of steps you have to manually perform yourself and if you mess it up you will think you lost all your work but the samples will most likely still be on your machine but not being loaded on bootup or not attached to the sound program you are calling.

Other than sampling I found everything on the Kronos to be really straight forward after you learning where all the controls are. Poly Six and MS-20 engines are great and easy to program. MOD-7 and AL-1 engines are very powerful and have a steeper learning curve. The Kronos was the only board that would do what I wanted. Soundwise I thought a lot of the onboard sounds were sort of meh. But if you like to tweak and program stuff it is killer.

Just FYI, I bought a Kronos recently and the only hard copy manual that came with it is the quick start guide.

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

All that ships with the Kronos is a Quick Start Guide and then DVDs with the more extensive manuals.

Included: AC cord, Quick Start Guide, Accessory DVD Discs 1-3 (DVDs include KRONOS Operation Guide, Parameter Guide, and Voice Name List PDF files; Video Manual; KORG USB-MIDI Driver; System Restore Data, etc.)

I, like many others, had the PDFs reprinted at Kinkos. Don't recall the cost. Mine are wire-bound which makes them easy to open to a specific page and lay flat.

Busch.

Here is a more recent thread where I posted a link to my original thread. On page two of my oriiginal thread is where I was about to have meltdown.

https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/2780034/

Archived