Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

UHL Instruments NEWS !

M_G

Hi Clonewheelers!

;-)

For those who are interested:

Uhl-Instruments did a small re-design of their X3 organs (HX3 Soundengine inside).

AND:

They developed a new modified Fatar-Keybed on their own to match the keybed-feel of Wolfgang Uhl's A100!!!!

Have a look at the new X3 SMOOTH models! They are already available!

www.uhl-instruments.com

The new firmware 4.0 is finished and will be released soon....

Studio: Hammond XK5-XLK5,  Roland Fantom 8, Kurzweil PC3A6, Prophet 5, Moog Sub37, Neo Vent, HX3-Expander, LB Organ Grinder

Live: Yamaha CP88, Yamaha Motif Rack ES, Hammond SKX Pro, Hammond XB2-HX3,  Kurzweil PC3-61, Leslie 251, Roland SA1000, Neo Vent2

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today I received my Uhl X3 organ with the new Uhl smooth waterfall keybed. The X3 keys very much feel like the keys of my A100. A dream, really. Black and white keys have the exact same weight now. The new keybed exceeded my expectations. I didn't expect it to make such a difference. Good job!

For a fee owners of the 1st generation X3 can upgrade to the smooth Uhl keybed.

LIFE IS SHORT, GO GET THE GEAR YOU WANT ;-)

Wolfgang sent me an early release of the 4.0 update , the organ does

sound nicer , i've been using the 55 model for a while , i prefer

the sweeter sounding high end but with the update this weekend i

found the highs in the 72 model to be just as nice and this as , as does the recapped , cuts better in the mix and the perc sounds thicker .

also , the velocity is fixed ,( i'm triggering a yamaha es rack unit

with the lower manuel ) , the pedal tone is way better , it works fine

( deeper ) with just the first drawbar or for something even deeper you can pull the sustain drawbar out just a tad .at 1 or just under that you'll get the deeper tone but with a barely discernible sustain .

you could do this with the previous version but the sustain was more noticeable even at that low registration . whenever i start up a new version of of a clonewheel i start with just the first 3 drawbars ,there's a sound i'm looking for . the 4.0's got some more character dialed in i'd say

Wolfgang sent me an early release of the 4.0 update , the organ does

sound nicer , i've been using the 55 model for a while , i prefer

the sweeter sounding high end but with the update this weekend i

found the highs in the 72 model to be just as nice and this as , as does the recapped , cuts better in the mix and the perc sounds thicker .

also , the velocity is fixed ,( i'm triggering a yamaha es rack unit

with the lower manuel )...

+1

The Uhl 4.0 update adds plenty of fine tuning to the X3. Sweet. Highly recommended.

LIFE IS SHORT, GO GET THE GEAR YOU WANT ;-)

• 1 month later...
I was very curious and put it through the paces. It's a killer board but just not what I need right now. Once in a while, GAS gets the best of all of us! My gas will be someone's great deal!

Endorsing Artist/Ambassador for MAG Organs and Motion Sound Amplifiers, Organ player for SRT - www.srtgroove.com

My gas will be someone's great deal!

For sure !

I was just only interested what you dislike and what you like better on a different brand instrument you prefer to use,- except the real deal Hammond.

I´m in the market for a new dual manual organ clone soon,- so I try to get as much user info as possible.

There are so many clones in the ballpark now, Viscount comes w/ he KeyB Legend p.ex. ...

thank you

A.C.

• 2 weeks later...

there's a new video on youtube of simon oslender riffing

on an x3 smooth ,yea , the keys look and sound like they're

responding very much like a real hammond keyboard . is that just

from different springs or was the weighting of the keys also

modified ? seems very lively i'd say

Hi Bill,

you mean this?

-> Different springs

Studio: Hammond XK5-XLK5,  Roland Fantom 8, Kurzweil PC3A6, Prophet 5, Moog Sub37, Neo Vent, HX3-Expander, LB Organ Grinder

Live: Yamaha CP88, Yamaha Motif Rack ES, Hammond SKX Pro, Hammond XB2-HX3,  Kurzweil PC3-61, Leslie 251, Roland SA1000, Neo Vent2

I don't know Bill.

All I know is that Uhl is offering a replacement

of the keybeds including shipping the organ from and back to the

customer.

I suggest you send him a mail or call him....

Who said the HX3 pedal bass is a bit weak? Listen here:

I've said that in the past and it is definitely improved since I initially posted that. However, it could still be better. It seems like too many high frequencies come through.

Endorsing Artist/Ambassador for MAG Organs and Motion Sound Amplifiers, Organ player for SRT - www.srtgroove.com

Archived