Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Amusing lowballs to share?

JWhllr

So, I've usually managed to somehow avoid these kind of things when selling gear secondhand, but this one just made me chuckle. Honestly, I don't know what this person expected to happen...

Screenshot_20160910_103031.png

Surely people have some similar hilarious experiences. Share them for comic relief!

Viscount Legend, Leslie 142, Nord Stage 3 HA88, Rhodes MK1 1977, Moog Sub 37, Dave Smith Rev2, Juno 106, DX7

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've sold lots of stuff, but no funny experiences. Lowballers get dead air from me. Not a lot of humor in that, sorry to say.

Although one guy got all uppity when I didn't respond to his joke offer. I told him "you get serious, I'll get serious". He went away.

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

I'll give you $810
I'll give you the low ball for half that....

I'm so confused

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

[video:youtube]

Oh... I thought you said "Long Balls"...

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

When somebody lowballs me, I counter by raising the price. It drives them nuts. "No. Wait. You don't understand how this works!"

OK. $3500

"No! You're supposed to negotiate."

OK. $3750

and so on until they go away

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

When somebody lowballs me, I counter by raising the price. It drives them nuts. "No. Wait. You don't understand how this works!"

OK. $3500

OK. $3750

Will you take $4000? :laugh:

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

OK. $3500

OK. $3750

Will you take $4000? :laugh:

Reminds me of monty python;

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u75XQdTxZRc

Rudy

There should be buyer and seller etiquette in my opinion. If a seller asks for all offers, then a low offer could be expected. Otherwise it's a waste of every ones time. It sure would be nice if being polite when making an offer was normal too. I've had some pretty vulgar responses when I don't accept a low offer. I recently posted a nice cathode ray TV for sale, $15 (yes I know these are worth nothing). One person wanted it for free. I countered with, bring $5 and you can have it. She told me to F--- off. Nice. ~BOB
I'm practicing so that people can maybe go "wow" at an imaginary gig I'll never play. -Nadroj

I recently posted a nice cathode ray TV for sale, $15 (yes I know these are worth nothing). One person wanted it for free. I countered with, bring $5 and you can have it. She told me to F--- off.

giphy.gif

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

You should have told her that you were unwilling to f--- total strangers, but that you would accept oral sex.

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

I deal with these assholes all the time. Especially when I am telling Leslie's. I have had maybe 20 of them and most of the time it works out well. There was one person here locally that was a tire kicker and wasted an hour and a half of time. Back in forth with price and so on but I didn't back down because it was a pre-1965 145 Leslie. I wasn't just going to let it go. You either want it or you don't.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

Archived