Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hey Bobby C... wtf? Never mind... ;)

Sven Golly

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been away for a few days and missed this originally, but I think the word I'm looking for is... DAYYYUM!

So much to say:

- So satisfying to hear such a powerful groove from real, talented musicians

- Cressey is amazing (we knew that anyway). The solo was completely not what I was expecting, and so much cooler for that.

- Great female singer - very impressive on the unison "whoa-whoa" after the Moog solo.

- I love the arrangement. It gently evolves from fairly conventional into wild and out-there. I heard influences ranging from Toto to 1940s big band swing!

A question for Bobby: the horns sound double-tracked, but were you also doubling with an analogue brass patch?

Cheers, Mike.

Great female singer - very impressive on the unison "whoa-whoa" after the Moog solo.

She is pretty great. And a great hang and female who knows how to be around gross musicians. Thank God for that. Total non Diva.

I love the arrangement. It gently evolves from fairly conventional into wild and out-there. I heard influences ranging from Toto to 1940s big band swing!

That's a huge compliment as those are some of my biggest influences.

A question for Bobby: the horns sound double-tracked, but were you also doubling with an analogue brass patch?

2 trumpets, tenor, bone and bari. Tenor player played the bari part too. I had mentioned in other places that there was a second bone part but now I'm not sure. I am doubling some of the lines w/ my Motif's polysynth sound (a modified version of the 1984 patch).

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Archived