Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

KOMBOS: "Modular" MIDI Keyboard

DulceLabs.com

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very cool. Yeah, 73 keys would be nice, maybe they'll add support for that, though I don't think gigging musicians is their target market. For one thing, I suspect it need to be on a table (or other kind of pretty solid stand). If it were placed on the most typical gigging stands (which support the boards from the sides), it might fall apart if you banged in the middle...

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Yea everybody on the video is a DJ. No examples of an actual musician playing, and I think AS is dead-on about needing a table I can't imagine it on a typical stand. And only one pedal input, so you can't have both sustain & expression. So I'll pass but I know I'm far from the target market.

the keys look like fat crappy actions found on cheap crappy controllers

Triton Extreme 76, Kawai ES3, GEM-RPX, HX3/Drawbar control, MSI Z97

MPower/4790K, Lynx Aurora 8/MADI/AES16e, OP-X PRO, Ptec, Komplete.

Ashley MX-206. future MOTU M64 RME Digiface Dante for Mon./net

I had this idea at least a few years ago, except my design had the modules sliding together with a fairly rigid brace for live performance. I also envisioned several different left and right end cap sections to allow for typical 61/73/76/88 key layouts as well as preferred LH controls (wheels, stick, ribbon, etc). As an example, a left section with 8 keys, a right section with 8 keys, and 5 C to B sections would make a traditional 76-key. Leave the L/R sections off and you have a 61 key. You could have a left section with 3 keys and a right section with 1 to make an 88.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Archived