Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Next Gen Casio PX-5S Prototype Spotted in the Wild???

MurMan

I nabbed this photo from the Casio PX-5S FB group of a jazz gig at a U.K. farm restaurant last Saturday with KC forum member xKnuckles.

xKnuckles%20Farm%20Gig%201.jpg

Could this be the prototype for the rumored next generation PX-5S with Casio's answer to the Montage Super Knob?   The knob is super-sized and appears to have several sophisticated control surfaces, including auxiliary "band" controls. One source claims that the "band" controls can override the parameters of other instuments, including guitar amp volume controls. Killer feature?

Paging Mike Martin: Confirm, Deny, No Comment?

The extremely wide audio spectrum produced by this new keyboard almost caused a stampede by the local residents. Fortunately, most were quite laid back from consumption earlier in the day of mass quantities of grass.

xKnuckles%20Farm%20Gig%202.jpg

The new cowbell patch appears to be extremely realistic.

xKnuckles%20Farm%20Gig%203.jpg

Casio PX-5S, Korg Kronos 61, Omnisphere 2, Ableton Live, LaunchKey 25, 2M cables

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is too funny.

I had a similar situation. I was doing sound and playing at this

gig in the country.

I'm going "check, check, one two" while I'm walking around.

"'Check one two" nobody else around. And I hear this crowd walking up behind me but I hear swish swish badong badong badong?!

I turn around and I have an entire herd of cattle,

right up on the fence. And I mean a bunch. I was surrounded.

They were staring at me like, I don't know. It was weird.

And they were looking right at me. Not the speakers.

I was kinda rattled and stopped talking. They were going to come right through that fence.

And I was going to die a crappy cowboy death.

Run over by his own herd.

So I have an audience. Now what.

I started singing.

That's what cowboys do. Right?

They all left.

Stupid cows.

John

ROFL!! :roll::roll::roll:

This is MUCH funnier than my original post!!

Good guessing: it was a jazz gig but was not at a farm restaurant: it was actually a lovely private party.

(What do you call a jazz gig with more than 7 audience members?? ............. A jazz festival... )

Clearly this was no Woodstock, but we were extremely happy to be able to play "Livestock".........

"Turn your fingers into a dust rag and keep them keys clean!" ;) Bluzeyone

An X stand set up on a grassy field. Oh Joy! I get sea-sick just thinking about it!!

J.S. Bach Well Tempered Klavier

The collected works of Scott Joplin

Ray Charles Genius plus Soul

Charlie Parker Omnibook

Stevie Wonder Songs in the Key of Life

Weather Report Mr. Gone

I was almost disappointed when I realized the title was a bait, but actually - yes, better than a PX-6S.... I think?! :)

LOL me too... I thought maybe we were going to start seeing a much needed upgrade to the PX5S.

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

I was almost disappointed when I realized the title was a bait, but actually - yes, better than a PX-6S.... I think?! :)

LOL me too... I thought maybe we were going to start seeing a much needed upgrade to the PX5S.

A very long time ago on this forum, I was accused of being a master of baiting ... :D

Casio PX-5S, Korg Kronos 61, Omnisphere 2, Ableton Live, LaunchKey 25, 2M cables

Archived