Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Semi-OT: If I ever get to design my dream home...

Josh Paxton

So I currently have a spare Leslie that lives in my (pretty small) kitchen, because there's nowhere else for it in my apartment. And just a moment ago on Facebook, I saw a picture which, at first glance, looked like another kitchen with a Leslie in it. I did a double-take, then realized that what I thought was a Leslie was actually just a kitchen island. But at that moment I realized: if I ever get rich and get to design my dream home, it will include a kitchen island made from a Leslie. It will have drawers and storage and all the things you'd expect a kitchen island to have, but it will look like a Leslie just sitting in the middle of the kitchen.

There is no real point in my posting this except A) to announce it to the world, and B) to put the idea out there in case anyone else on this board is enough of a grownup to be able to implement such an idea now, and wants to use it be my guest!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe one side should have storage, and the other side an actual Leslie. ;)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Maybe one side should have storage, and the other side an actual Leslie. ;)

I was also thinking a wine cabinet. Fan cooled ;)

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

Actually, something similar almost happened to the Leslie 45 I have. The guy I got it from thought it was a nice looking cabinet and was going to gut it. I saved it from that horrible fate, allowing it to rattle my walls instead. :thu:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived