Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ok People I Need Your Help-Please simply List The Best Hardware For Sonar

I'm Really wasting alot of time on this, mine and yours, when we all should be writing music instead of trying to fix my damn computer. I know many of you have been through this and it is rediculous to have to deal with this crap when you are trying to make music. (enough ranting) would you all list your opinion of what hardware spec, i should get to work well with Sonar, Acid, Reason, and Battery those are the programs I use. I'm intrested in Nuendo too. all i'm asking for is reccomendations for motherboard ram hard drive (firewire of course) operating system video card or chip and any thing else that you might think of. i would have just done a search but for this kind of thing specs change quickley and please no G4/ or studio box reccomendations i'm just intrested in getting my current software going to the best of its ability. At this point i think I need to start over life is too short to be going through this. thanks to everybody here who's been trying to help me out I really appreciate it and now i'm trying to make a B-line to the point where i can just turn on the programs and make music.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<> Interesting, those (along with Cubase, which is close enough to Nuendo I guess) are the main programs I run, and they all work fine with a Q Performance Systems computer. It has an overclocked Celeron that runs at 841 MHz, 256 MB of RAM, Windows 98SE, an ATX BX Master motherboard (likely the secret ingredient), and a Frontier Design Dakota board. Nothin' fancy, works great. Not the best latency in the world with SONAR if you don't use WDM drivers, but I'm still getting under 20 ms. I gotta say, it's terrible to read these posts of people who are having such a hard time getting their computer system to work. I know the feeling, and I'm very glad I'm not experiencing it now! I hope you find something that works for you, because when it does, it's great. All the programs you mention are hot stuff.

ok folks here is the specs of my machine. athlon 1.20ghz, 512ram, 1. American megatrends Bios 2. motherboard- SIS 730S chipset 3. onboard graphics- 128-bit 100mhz host interface AGP version 2.o 4. built in AC97 codec 5. this mobo is the type that has all the ports on it- ethernet,usb everything but firewire if there is something else i need to list tell me. and thanks for your help. oh and for those who asked - there aren't any problems with other software, although i have no other software installed at the moment, i have loaded up office and graphics programs and they work just fine. now the only thing loaded up are win98se, Sonar, and Reason.

is your soundcard and graphics card built into the board? If so, this is never, in my experience, very friendly with audio software. It's very similar to one of those proprietary systems you get from Compaq or NEC....i don't know why, but it just seems to be the case alot of the times. The general consensus is that ASUS makes the best mobos. I'm using a Gigabyte Dual BIOS board and it works great, i know the Tyan ThunderK7 gets rave reviews for stability and performance and it's dual Athlon capable. But my guess is that the onboard graphics/sound are a good possibility as your problem....anyone else have any experience with that? shiver
Rule #2: Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Archived