Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

a question to studio owners...

Hi folks:

I own a recording studio here in Mexico.Lately we've been out of luck in having work due in part to a big economic recession.

My question is:What marketing strategies have you used in order to push sales and with what results?

radio?tv?personal calls?

any suggestions would be gratly appreciated.

thanks a lot

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by somastudios:

Hi folks:

I own a recording studio here in Mexico.Lately we've been out of luck in having work due in part to a big economic recession.

My question is:What marketing strategies have you used in order to push sales and with what results?

radio?tv?personal calls?

any suggestions would be gratly appreciated.

thanks a lot

Great question . . . Uh . . .

All the best,

Henry Robinett

If you consider your audience, radio & TV ads would be paying for thousdands of people to hear your ad, who have no need for your services. You need to reach the musicians. Make brochures or flyers and hit the local pubs where musicians play, the music stores (they all have bulletin boards), churches (they all seem to have a house band these days), music schools, become a member and attend the local musician union meetings, etc. Get listed on local music websites.

Sponsor a contest for local bands and make a concert event out of it. Give the winner 1 day of studio time. Plaster your logo all over the event, and have your demo reel free at the door. I bet your previous clients would pay a small sum to be included on that reel for the free advertising they'd receive. Get ads for the event in the underground newspapers. There are tons of ideas out there. The bands that need recording hasn't decreased (in fact, in Denver, I think it's increased over the past few years), it just seems, for whatever reason, they don't consider you an option. Why?

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.

Mark Twain (1835-1910)

--------------------

Reporter: "Ah, do you think you could destroy the world?" The Tick: "Ehgad I hope not. That's where I keep all my stuff!"

I guess this advice applies well to the US. I have no idea if it translates to Mexico. There may not be any unions, but there still may be associations for local musicians...

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.

Mark Twain (1835-1910)

--------------------

Reporter: "Ah, do you think you could destroy the world?" The Tick: "Ehgad I hope not. That's where I keep all my stuff!"

thanks for your answers.

there is a musicians' union in town.they also know about the studio.(i've had it for a decade)some bands have recorded but others don't have the vision.they see it more like an expense instead of an investment.

It'd be great if i could start some kind of a recording fever but don't know how, and right now i don't have much $ for media promotion.

any further clues are greatly appreciated.keep the good ideas comin"!

thanks! :)

Go for the TOURIST DOLLARS. simple packages that maybe cruise shippers or golfer wives and kiddies will finde too goode to pass up.

Install a mini studio in a busy mall or close to a college.or port of call or all of those places. a ten minute kereoke type of closet studio. wham bam thank you GOD! HAAAA! REMEMBER ELVIS?

target schools and MONEY'D mommies of TALENTED kiddies with discount-flyers and many ads. BE A STAR!

offer your services on E-BAY. Don't laugh, you'd be surprised!

RENT your facilities to visiting ARTISTS by getting in a TRAVEL AGENCY LISTING DIRECTORY. maybe have a CONTEST for free studio time to spark interest in the local area. do this over and over.

give MONEY to a charity or auction off STUDIO TIME for the same charity and get your STUDIO NAME in the PAPERS.

crawl a little and then get up and RUN.. ahahahahaah!

Frank Ranklin and the Ranktones

WARP SPEED ONLY STREAM

FRANKIE RANKLIN (Stanky Franks) <<<

Hands on networking and word of mouth have been the best methods for us. Our return was so low on advertizing that we slashed out advertizing budget to a bare minimum, and it's still not paying for itself.

get out there, meet thos potential clients, and let them meet you. Bring along a sample CD of your work and maybe a pamphlet on the studio.

Hope this is helpful.

NP Recording Studios

Analog approach to digital recording.

Archived