Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

San Diego Sept 30-Oct 2

MAJUSCULE

Hey keypals,

Looks like I'll be in San Diego for a couple gigs around the weekend of September 30th to October 2nd. I'm not too sure what the schedule is like and I don't have my flights yet, but I know I'll be playing Friday evening and Saturday afternoon. It's a wedding, so it's unfortunately private. But if anyone else is playing Saturday night, or if anyone wants to hang, jam, etc, I'd love to meet the SD crew!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
San Diego keyboard hang sounds fun! I will be playing on Saturday Oct-1 5-8 pm at a club in Ocean Beach. That's pretty centrally located. We could meet up there if that would work timewise. Or, if there's a better location that's fine with me. In that case I could show up after 9 pm.

It's worth a mention that AES Los Angeles 2016 will be happening up the road from San Diego during 9/29-10/2.

While it's not a keyboard show, I'd bet at least a few forum members will be there. If flights are cheaper in or out of LA, it might be worth your while to fly in a day early and attend the show. You can probably wrangle a free badge from somewhere, if you plan in advance.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

I am jealous that you will probably get to hang with Bobby C, my BIF (Best Internet Friend)

!!!!!

Corporate gig w/ my Top 40 band on Friday the 30th. As of now that Saturday and Sunday are open but Sat will prob get spoken for at some point (but maybe not).

Where are you playing Eric? We'll hang either way.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

I believe it's at the Fairmont Del Mar.

Also, :cheers:

At the Grand Del Mar? Must be a corporate gig of your own then?! (We play there a lot)

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

Oh yeah definitely, it's a big time wedding, they're flying an 8-piece band down for the whole weekend! :rawk:

(Yeah, I didn't tell 'em about the Mighty Untouchables. Heh!)

Dude all good enjoy. Let me know if you need anything backlined (though I'll be using my keys myself but you can borrow the SK2 if you want). Anyway maybe we should take this convo to PMs.

Hey keypals,

Looks like I'll be in San Diego for a couple gigs around the weekend of September 30th to October 2nd. I'm not too sure what the schedule is like and I don't have my flights yet, but I know I'll be playing Friday evening and Saturday afternoon. It's a wedding, so it's unfortunately private. But if anyone else is playing Saturday night, or if anyone wants to hang, jam, etc, I'd love to meet the SD crew!

Dude, I'd love to shoot down to see you. Let's see if I can take a trip.

Soul, R&B, Pop from Los Angeles

http://philipclark.com

Cannonball Gerald Albright Signature Alto, Yamaha YC73, Fender Rhodes, Roland Juno-106, Yamaha MX61, Roland VR-09, MicroKorg XL, Maschine Mikro, Yamaha Reface CP, Roland MKS-50

It's worth a mention that AES Los Angeles 2016 will be happening up the road from San Diego during 9/29-10/2.

While it's not a keyboard show, I'd bet at least a few forum members will be there. If flights are cheaper in or out of LA, it might be worth your while to fly in a day early and attend the show. You can probably wrangle a free badge from somewhere, if you plan in advance.

Since I exhibit with several companies at said AES show, I feel fairly safe in saying free passes to the exhibits is not a problem. :thu:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Since I exhibit with several companies at said AES show, I feel fairly safe in saying free passes to the exhibits is not a problem. :thu:

dB

This is something I'd love to discuss with you, Dave. :-)

Soul, R&B, Pop from Los Angeles

http://philipclark.com

Cannonball Gerald Albright Signature Alto, Yamaha YC73, Fender Rhodes, Roland Juno-106, Yamaha MX61, Roland VR-09, MicroKorg XL, Maschine Mikro, Yamaha Reface CP, Roland MKS-50

• 1 month later...
Hey keypals,

Got a rough itinerary. We're flying in Thursday the 29th and setting up late afternoon, so we'll have the evening free there. Then I've got all day Friday and Saturday til about 5 pm to hang with anyone.

So, plans? :) :) :):cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

What day are you playing at the Grand Del Mar? Looks like I'm playing at the club there on Saturday night Oct 1 myself with TMU. If you are playing there Sat night I might be able to cruise down and see you guys on my break.

Hey guys, sorry it took me so long to respond.

Bobby, I'm at the Grand Del Mar both Friday and Saturday. Two sets Friday, one and a bit Saturday. If you're playing late, I'll definitely want to come catch you guys!

U.Honey, it looks like plans have changed unfortunately... I may be able to have dinner or something, but it looks like setup and soundcheck is from 8-11 pm.

I'm also down to have breakfast or lunch or whatever with anyone on Friday or Saturday!

Otherwise, anyone have any recommendations for food, record stores, book stores, nice walks, good beaches, etc?

Otherwise, anyone have any recommendations for food, record stores, book stores, nice walks, good beaches, etc?

My wife and I enjoyed Kono's Cafe for breakfast burritos and watching the morning surfing crowd.

Bobby played a Saturday midday gig at a shopping area that had great tri-tip sandwiches.

Juniper and Ivy was a great fine dining meal. Restaurant is from Richard Blaise of "Top Chef".

We were staying in La Jolla and had fun watching the sea lions and pups.

Bobby, I'm at the Grand Del Mar both Friday and Saturday. Two sets Friday, one and a bit Saturday. If you're playing late, I'll definitely want to come catch you guys!

We hit 7-10. When do you hit? Are you actually staying at the GDM? If not, where are you staying? PM me your # and E-mail foo

Archived