Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Cheese

mikesr1963

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be a little concerned about that seperation at the top of that one fret though. And that what looks like a "gopher trail" hump at one side.

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Very little discussion by the OP which is just titled "Cheese." I see the neck laying on a cheese cloth but I don't think it was the subject matter. I think the fret on the left is the before and the one on the right is the after (as evidenced by the black filings/dirt streaks on the blue protector. I think he may have been going for the "say cheese" photo results as the flash from the camera is very bright and reflective on the polished fret and very dull on the unpolished one. Looks like a good job to me. One picture must be telling us a thousand words... :D
Take care, Larryz

There's no camera flash that's my bench light, look closer and you'll see the base of it in the fret. No trail either, that's tape over lapping tape. You can also see the binding reflect on the end of frets in the mirror and when light hits them they look diamonds shimmering. Smooth as glass and no fret buzz anywhere on that neck.

I don't make money doing this. I can't afford expensive guitars so I take care of the guitars I own. People may snicker at the names on them and that's ok, I love them. Thanks for the encouragement.

Looks as good as new (or better) and if you have no fret buzz, that's all anyone could ask for. My Tech charges $80 bucks for Fret polishing and dressing, so depending on how long it takes, you may be able to make a few bucks in the future... :thu:
Take care, Larryz

So, how about a shot of it WITHOUT the tape?

I regretfully submit that I mistakenly thought the neck was that blue color, and that it wasn't tape. Which is why I thought there was a seperation issue at the top. :blush:

But otherwise, the steel does look top-notch. :)

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Archived