Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What a joke!

Gotta vent.

In the market for a new PC, and contacted a company in BC that runs a similar operation to Dell. I heard on the news a few months ago that a lot of companies have shipped their call centers & product support overseas, and I got an earful of it this afternoon, and wasn't the least bit impressed. I attempted to communicate with 2 Oriental gentlemen about spec'ing out either a Pentium system or an AMD, and neither of these two guys could speak English to save their lives. The whole time I'm on the phone I'm thinking 'you guys actually expect me to buy a computer from you?'

It's entirely possible that Vancouver, with it's high Oriental population, has their call center there, but if that's the case, at least hire people who can communicate effectively.

Rant off.

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XSr, PEKPER, Voyager, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dan, the real call centres overseas in places like India etc, use people that have better English skills than any of us probably have. I would guess the call centre was actually a local one.

Originally posted by nursers:

Dan, the real call centres overseas in places like India etc, use people that have better English skills than any of us probably have. I would guess the call centre was actually a local one.

This has not been my experience with companies I know have moved their entire call center overseas to India. It's incredible how they expect us to deal with consistantly thick accents that make their fluency in English a moot point. I may as well be listening to someone in another langauge. :mad:

The entire system is going to backfire on them. I would not be surprised to see whole call centers moved back to the U.S. if this keeps up. Large companies with poor customer service always suffer in the end.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

I've had a couple of similar experiences, both times I politely asked to speak to a manager and it was an American. I didn't speak to a manager to complain at all- just to get done what I need to get done.

Nothing against non-Americans meant.

Originally posted by DanS:

Gotta vent.

In the market for a new PC, and contacted a company in BC that runs a similar operation to Dell. I heard on the news a few months ago that a lot of companies have shipped their call centers & product support overseas, and I got an earful of it this afternoon, and wasn't the least bit impressed. I attempted to communicate with 2 Oriental gentlemen about spec'ing out either a Pentium system or an AMD, and neither of these two guys could speak English to save their lives. The whole time I'm on the phone I'm thinking 'you guys actually expect me to buy a computer from you?'

It's entirely possible that Vancouver, with it's high Oriental population, has their call center there, but if that's the case, at least hire people who can communicate effectively.

Rant off.

is it for Audio??

or just a get on the inet?

Scott

ADK

I would never buy a computer online. I would buy it at the place up the street thats been around for a few years, with the repair shop in thge back. That way, when there's a problem, it doesn't take 3 weeks to get it back.

IMDB Credit list

President George Washington: "The government of the United States is in no sense founded on the Christian Religion."

President Abraham Lincoln: "The Bible is not my book, nor Christianity my religion."

hey now.. watch that!!

some companies have an express warranty where they pick it up and ship it 2 day air at thier expense and give you first priority, then ship it back 2 day air at thier expense, becuase they know how important your studio time is.

down time 1 week or less!

Scott

ADK

Originally posted by nursers:

I disagree. I spent over 3 hours on a level 2 tech support line trying to sort out some server hardware issues. I was talking to someone in India with terrible English skills. I've talked to a few of my friends who work for a couple of the larger insurance companies and they have complete horror stories.

Archived