Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Some days ( maybe most), I prefer my pets over humans.

Song80s

I love my 2 cats. And I have had dogs before, and I loved them.

http://www.patriciamcconnell.com/theotherendoftheleash/why-are-some-people-more-comfortable-around-animals

I am not sure we need an article to read why people like myself have this preference.

Here's an attempt at making a list.

1) I have no communication problem with my cats. My cats have never accused me of being sarcastic or crabby.

2) If I am gone from the house, for more than a day , I miss my cats.

3) My cats are grateful when I change their litter boxes. When I wash the dishes, clean the kitchen, take out garbage, I don't recall hearing any gratitude from a human.

4) My cats and I love our yard. We have over 100 plants, trees, bushes, flowers, etc.

I enjoy taking care of them. My cats are curious about every plant, especially the grass and catnip.

5) My 2 cats have never complained my songs are too loud, too busy or weird. They hang around me with absolutely no adverse opinion.

6) They love the garage. They never complain if my car is not parked straight, or correctly or some other monumental mistake.

7) I wake up early. My cats are already up and happy to see me. If I make a little kitchen noise , making coffee, thats music to my cats ears. They never complain about task I have in the kitchen. My cats have never howled that they can't sleep, etc.

Feel free to add to this list.

If you feel this is sort of weird to be this way, (topic), thats fine. My cats don't give a shit , either.

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cats are ok. They're fun to watch... Especially on the hunt and prowl. But other than kittens most of my experiences with cats are related to ones I cared for - for siblings or neighbors, that would hide when I entered the home and wait until it was least expected to attack me - clearly wanting to draw blood... Despite the fact I was their life line, or at least purveyor of food whilst mumsy and/or pop pop was on holiday. I like dogs better and they like me. I've owned two. My current best buddy is indeed preferable company to many people I've known over the years. But not all - as eluded to in the previous post. :D Appreciates my care, and strangely cares about me when I'm not having my best day. They certainly do seem to have what appears to be empathy in human beings. Man's best friend. He listens to me practice too, doesn't leave or close the door or raise the TV volume. ;)

P.S. for your list...

He doesn't care if I set $ aside for a new keyboard as long as he's got food, water, a roof and a toy. And the toy he'd trade for time with me in a heartbeat.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

I don't think this is a weird topic, but reading between the lines I don't really think this about your cats.

I felt the same way but didn't want to say anything. But now that you brought it up...

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Interesting article.

1. They do not run for political office.

2. Thus, they do not make promises they cannot keep.

3. They do not run up credit card bills.

4. They do not get mad when you are on the telephone too late at night (or Skype).

5. They do not have rude comments about your friends or family.

6. They do not fight over the remote or computer.

7. They do not leave their dirty underwear on the floor (though occasionally they leave something more disgusting).

Nothing to read between the lines here.

:rolleyes::laugh:

I don't think this is a weird topic, but reading between the lines I don't really think this about your cats.

I felt the same way but didn't want to say anything. But now that you brought it up...

Marriage ain't for sissies.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

7. They do not leave their dirty underwear on the floor (though occasionally they leave something more disgusting).

That's one of the really annoying pet issues, especially as they get older. :sick:

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Being a pet lover, married way over 40 years, 2 full time inside cats at my tile store, 3 more and a dog at home.

My wife has a few advantages: She can cook well, she washes clothes, she can but hates to trim the back of my hair (picture a charlie brown head with more hair) and she doesn't crap on the floor, usually.

All being said, the pets like to listen to the keyboards, so, that being the tiebreaker, I would have to go with the pets.

Interesting article.

1. They do not run for political office.

pets are popular write-in candidates :)

[70's Songwriter]

I have a theory.

I think having pets, several pets is more popular than ever.

Many of us humans have reduced our social interaction due to the proliferation and ease of technology.

I think most would agree a telephone call is more personal than an email.

In addition, manners, observance of rules of the road, and similar social norms have declined over the last 2 decades.

I have no stats to support this. Just my grumpy observations.

And the corollary is that folks depend more on pets for companionship.

[70's Songwriter]

Cats,are much better than humans!

BTW cats have 85% of our DNA that we share with them (or them w/us)in those 15% must be all the traits we hate in humans!

Golly!

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

Cats,are much better than humans!

BTW cats have 85% of our DNA that we share with them (or them w/us)in those 15% must be all the traits we hate in humans!

Golly!

Dam!

Thats good knowledge

[70's Songwriter]

My wife and I have three cats that are so spoiled by her that they almost don't act like cats.

Recently she was discharge from the hospital for a little while, and my son, concerned with her health, asked her if she was going to get rid of the cats. She glared at him, and told him that he would be moving out of the house before any of the cats would.

He didn't say anything else, and never mentioned it again. lol

Umm..speak for yourself Linda, or better yet, your own pet(s). My lab loves to pick dirty/sweaty socks or a pair of underwear out of the laundry basket and walk around with it. I'll find choice pieces around the house and out in the backyard.

Apologies for airing my dirty laundry here. :facepalm:

My cat hates my modular. When I start experimenting with sounds he gives me that "Really? This is what you are doing with your life?" look, then goes to the door to be let out.

My cat meows at the back door to be let in, then walks through the living room to the front door and waits for me to let him out, looking at me like "you didn't expect me to walk through the damp grass, did you?"

I bought some really nice outdoor furniture when I moved into my house. The cat has turned every piece into a bed, shedding on the cushions to a point which my guests now refuse to sit in them.

My cat gets sick when he drinks milk. He refuses to try canned tuna, and turns his nose up at canned cat food. All he wants is dry food. Yet, he will eat, and then throw up, mice, birds and baby rabbits.

My cat is afraid of riding in the car. He has been on two car rides, both to the vet. Once to get fixed, and once when he got an infection in his paw. The vet checked his temperature with a rectal thermometer. No wonder he starts shivering if I carry him towards the car.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

My cat hates my modular. When I start experimenting with sounds he gives me that "Really? This is what you are doing with your life?" look, then goes to the door to be let out.

My cat meows at the back door to be let in, then walks through the living room to the front door and waits for me to let him out, looking at me like "you didn't expect me to walk through the damp grass, did you?"

I bought some really nice outdoor furniture when I moved into my house. The cat has turned every piece into a bed, shedding on the cushions to a point which my guests now refuse to sit in them.

My cat gets sick when he drinks milk. He refuses to try canned tuna, and turns his nose up at canned cat food. All he wants is dry food. Yet, he will eat, and then throw up, mice, birds and baby rabbits.

My cat is afraid of riding in the car. He has been on two car rides, both to the vet. Once to get fixed, and once when he got an infection in his paw. The vet checked his temperature with a rectal thermometer. No wonder he starts shivering if I carry him towards the car.

Your cat has told Cat Facebook ( CFB) that you complain too much and have to go to cat owner college for training. ;)

[70's Songwriter]

Similar experience to dB. My dog will sit on the back of the couch when I play acoustic piano and "listen". He's a small dog and this is the closest vantage point for him to the instrument.

Interestingly he does not come and "listen" when I'm practicing on my digital keyboards. Including piano patches.

My cat hates my modular.

Both of my dogs love the acoustic piano - one of them especially. Can't get enough of it.

I would say most days I prefer my pets over most humans. :)

dB

my 2 cats are fascinated by scales and arps on piano. I thought they were boring.

I suspect its connected to their interest in the routine.

[70's Songwriter]

My dog loves it when I play 12 bar blues on my acoustic piano, and writhes around on the floor ON HER BACK for a fair chunk of it, like some strange beached dogfish.... I really must make a video of her doing this, it is hilarious. :D

I love the fact that, with dogs, you instantly know how they are feeling, whether they like you or not etc. by the state of their tail (and ears & hackles). The ultimate truth serum. Imagine if people did that! ....... Gut feeling, though is that it would create FAR more problems than it would solve......

"Turn your fingers into a dust rag and keep them keys clean!" ;) Bluzeyone

My dog will sit on the back of the couch when I play acoustic piano and "listen".

Mine as well. :D

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/davebryce/13767180_10210237512477665_5980340076240770133_o_zpswrse0nj2.jpg

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Similar experience to dB. My dog will sit on the back of the couch when I play acoustic piano and "listen". He's a small dog and this is the closest vantage point for him to the instrument.

Interestingly he does not come and "listen" when I'm practicing on my digital keyboards. Including piano patches.

This is interesting. With the acute hearing that dogs possess, I am *guessing* the acoustic piano and the way the sound is propagated is a much more pleasant sound to them.

Very curious if your dog would like something like the Casio Grand hybrid or some other high-end digital with an advanced speaker system.

This is interesting. With the acute hearing that dogs possess, I am *guessing* the acoustic piano and the way the sound is propagated is a much more pleasant sound to them.

Very curious if your dog would like something like the Casio Grand hybrid or some other high-end digital with an advanced speaker system.

Yeah good call. Seems to make sense although I'm far from an expert on such things. I do enjoy his company when I'm practicing, I know that much. Makes me feel very happy inside to have the serene presence of my little mate near me.

Thanks for the visual!

Guy brings his dog into the music store. The sales clerk looks at them both. The guy says, "Do you have any new models in that would appeal to a seven year old German Shepherd? He has very discerning tastes."

:roll:

Thanks for the visual!

Guy brings his dog into the music store. The sales clerk looks at them both. The guy says, "Do you have any new models in that would appeal to a seven year old German Shepherd? He has very discerning tastes."

:roll:

No need to go to the store. Just search for it with your Web Bowser.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

Archived