Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

R.I.P Billy Ricci (Bluzeyone)

xKnuckles

Absolutely gutted to have just heard that Billy (Bluzeyone), our dear friend and KC member since 2009 has died. We all knew that he had been seriously ill for a long time, but even so the news is shocking and saddening. And what a light he shone in this community. Always positive, helpful, upbeat. And such a talented keyboard player. I did not know him well but I was pleased and honoured to have him as a friend on FB and valued what I knew of him. I regret that I will never have the chance to know him better.

Rest in peace Billy. I shall miss you. xx

"Turn your fingers into a dust rag and keep them keys clean!" ;) Bluzeyone

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This hits me pretty darn hard, too.

We became friends in November last year and I aired six of his wonderful music pieces on my comedy and music radio show.

I would occasionally see something on his You Tube and those were always special.

I agree about how positive he was. Reminded me of a female friend I had with a very positive out-look despite her cancer (she passed in February 2010). I was thinking of her a lot last night. This news must be why.

Continue to be a shining light in the next world, Billy!

RIP.

:(

The most positive guy around here, despite his enduring hardships. His attitude always brought a smile to my face. RIP.

Agreed. He often made light of his health despite his dire situation. RIP my KC brother

:nopity:

The most positive guy around here, despite his enduring hardships. His attitude always brought a smile to my face. RIP.

Definitely. RIP to a true shining light, though we never met in person. I'll be letting the creative juices flow tonight like he always loved. Rest easy, friend.

well crap ugh...

Very sad. Like others have said, I didn't know him well, but we did exchange some messages here and on FB now and then. He was always upbeat even when going thru some tough things health wise.

RIP.

Hope you're jamming pain free now!

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

Wow...Bummed. Bill and I had exchanged a few emails last year, and had talked about collaborating. Despite all that he was going through, Bill had a phenomenal attitude. Really enjoyed his 2014 contribution to the holiday KC compilation CD; it was an intriguing arrangement with some very tasty playing.

Rest in peace, my brother!

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Oh man, so sorry to hear. :(

I knew he was fighting through some health issues but I didn't know they were life threatening.

He called me last year and we spoke while I was on the way to a gig for some time. He was curious about harmony, chord voicings and my approach to playing LH bass. Even though I was in an area with sketchy cell reception, we had a nice conversation.

He had a duo with his wife ? Deepest condolences to her, his friends and family.

Again very sad news. :(

Yes, "Hit-N-Miss Music" with Toni Morgan (Ricci).

I watched some of the videos with his family gatherings on his You Tube channel. Lots of love surrounding them for sure.

I just finished putting together a tribute show which will air on August 5th. One of the songs on that is his "Jingle Bells Space Rock" from the compilation C.D.

I recall Blueyzone sharing his health issues a little while ago and his post oozed optimism and a positive approach to continuing to play music.

Here is a link to Blueyzone's post I'm Still Standing

Condolences to family and friends.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

Sorry to hear this, thoughts are with his family and friends.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

I recall Blueyzone sharing his health issues a little while ago and his post oozed optimism and a positive approach to continuing to play music.

Here is a link to Blueyzone's post I'm Still Standing

Condolences to family and friends.

Thank you for re-posting, Mark. My sincere condolences to all those he touched with his music, humor and bravery.

Here for the gear.

If life taught me anything, its "your circumstance should never dictate the way you feel." :) Pain and Misery: Well pain is inevitable. But misery is optional. ;) If my whole purpose is to hang around and share that truth, I'm cool with that.

RIP, dude.

Damn. Thanks Billy for staying positive throughout and being such a great influence on many. My condolences to his family and friends.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Very sad to hear. Condolences to family and friends. 2016 is a tough year for losses.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Archived