Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Live Music at the DNC...

HammondDave

Without getting into politics, it is a no-brainer to realize that the live music at the DNC kicks ass!

Tonight we have Lenny Kravitz with the Hammond mixed RIGHT UP FRONT!

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZthgT89Xwk

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alicia Keys was also very good...

But poor Paul Simon should never have attempted "Bridge Over Troubled Waters"... Where was Art?

[video:youtube]

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Tonight we have Lenny Kravitz with the Hammond mixed RIGHT UP FRONT

He sure can still sing. Not his best band lineup ever but still sounded good. I've been a big fan for 20 years. Interesting though how he was singing "Let Love Rule" and the DNC had labeled the video "Let Love Win". Just a statement of fact. Mo politics please. :cop:
:nopity:

But poor Paul Simon should never have attempted "Bridge Over Troubled Waters"...

sounded like what it would have been if Tony Bennett had covered it, but he sure doesn't have Tony Bennett's voice. :snax:

:nopity:

Some good acts coming up.

poor Paul Simon should never have attempted "Bridge Over Troubled Waters".

Perhaps he should have sang "Me and Hilary Down by the School Yard." :laugh:

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Without getting into politics, it is a no-brainer to realize that the live music at the DNC kicks ass!

That was great! :thu:

Alicia Keys was also very good...

But poor Paul Simon should never have attempted "Bridge Over Troubled Waters"... Where was Art?

It probably wouldn't have helped - Art doesn't sound too good these days either, at least judging from when they appeared on TV sometime in the last 5 years (don't remember what show).

Strange use of the whammy bar at the end of that song...

From 2009... Still goosebumps. Especially when Paul backs away at 4:11 and just lets Art take over. Like, "This is your song, brother... Take us home!"

Aging is a bitch! But you have to hand it to Paul for going out there and doing his best. God bless him!

Great stuff! Excellent performance and excellent choice of song to underline the party's message.

I watched some of the main speeches yesterday and enjoyed what I heard. Are the musical interludes that speakers walk on and off too performed live also?

Cheers,

James

x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.

Great stuff! Excellent performance and excellent choice of song to underline the party's message.

I watched some of the main speeches yesterday and enjoyed what I heard. Are the musical interludes that speakers walk on and off too performed live also?

Cheers,

James

x

Most are.. But there are also some from the original artists. Like "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" played after the President's speech was Stevie Wonder.

I was surprised that there were few (if any) even B list music stars at the RNC. Not even Ted Nugent!

Tonight we have Katy Perry and Carole King

Thanks Dave!

I was surprised that there were few (if any) even B list music stars at the RNC. Not even Ted Nugent!

Yes, it seemed they were really scraping the barrel generally.

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.

Didn't Trump promise a fun, "show biz" convention? It seemed anything but that. How about The Charlie Daniels Band... Aren't they still around?

Answering my own question, yes they are! And check out their Tour schedule. Bless Charlie's heart! Still touring heavy st 80!

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZthgT89Xwk

Very cool. I've seen Lenny play that song on a number of occasions. It's usually the stretch-out song for his excellent keyboard player, George Laks, who tears it up on the Hammond.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

Great clip. It's good to know that musicians who can't get airplay are still putting together tight bands and playing live.

"Call me what instrument you will, though you can fret me, yet you cannot play upon me.'-Hamlet

Guitar solos last 30 seconds, the bass line lasts for the whole song.

Archived