Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Connecting a KORG K61 too my MicroBrute

Muad’Dib

So I have tried connecting my K61 to my Microbrute using MIDI, but it's not working. I was also trying to power the K61 off of my mac?

Is my K61 too old, or do I need a different power adapter. I bought one from Best Buy, but it will not work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Paul

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Make sure the adapter is 9 volts and at least 320 mA, with a negative tip. A Boss PSA-120 will do the trick.

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, MX61/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

I already bought an adapter from Amazon.

Also I check the manual. It says I do need an adapter to use MIDI. I would have thought that KORG would have included a power adapter with the keyboard originally. I guess they were counting on people using it with a computer more then hardware, and if that's the case. Why put a MIDI port on in the first place.

If you use the K with a computer and download the Korg drivers, they'll include a driver for the MIDI out of the K. The K's were coming off of the heels of the MicroKontrol and Kontrol49 as an affordable Korg controller. All controllers were marketed towards computer users with the option to include external gear with the traditional 5-pin MIDI.

I used to work for a Korg dealer back when these were released, (which is how I acquired my K49) and IIRC, the MicroKontrol and Kontrol49 came with AC adapters.

Anyhoo, the reason they probably didn't include the AC adapter with the K's was to keep the MAP prices down, and again, they were marketed towards computer users.

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, MX61/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

I own a Microbrute. It comes with some software to load on your PC. I believe that you set the Microbrute receive midi channel via this software.

Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha AN200, Logic Pro X,  Arturia Microbrute, Behringer Model D, Yamaha UX-3 Acoustic Piano, assorted homemade synth modules

Well, my power adapter for my K61 that I bought from Amazon.com. Arrived today, and it works. Once I was able to connect the power adapter to the 61 and turn it on it worked. Then I was able to connect my K61 to my Microbrute via MIDI. Now, I can control my Microbrute with my K61.

Paul :)

Well, my power adapter for my K61 that I bought from Amazon.com. Arrived today, and it works. Once I was able to connect the power adapter to the 61 and turn it on it worked. Then I was able to connect my K61 to my Microbrute via MIDI. Now, I can control my Microbrute with my K61.

Paul :)

:2thu:

I guess the two octaves of minikeys weren't cutting it? :laugh:

Anywho, glad you got it going. I have mine MIDI to the PX-5S and use the Casio's arpeggiator on it. Very cool -- have fun with it.

You could say that. Plus I had the KORG controller, keyboard just sitting around, not being used, and now I have excuse.

Now I want to buy some other synths, though not necessarilly keyboard based. Although I do like the KORG MS-20 mini.

I saw the Waldorf Rocket, and maybe the Mopho desktop synth, and even the Moog Mother 32... well I figure something out.

I'm juts glad to get the K61 too work. :)

Archived