Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Beautiful Studios Thread

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeebus' and DJDM's are ones I can relate to.

From just a visual look, this is my fave:

http://www.wsdg.com/portfolio/audio_visual/images/electric_fields1B.jpg

I love windows and wood...looks like a log cabin...

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Nice room, but I wonder if it sounds any good with all that reflective walls.
The alchemy of the masters moving molecules of air, we capture by moving particles of iron, so that the poetry of the ancients will echo into the future.

Here is a fun one I am starting to track in ~~ nice old Trident TSM board - tracks to a 2" Sony JH-24 and a set of UREI 813C speakers, each pumping 1,200 watts per channel http://www.redbarnstudios.com/images/boardpianods.jpg

although I prefer mine http://www.redshift.com/~cjogo/ebay/UPDATED_FULL_STUDIO.jpg

I love threads like these. I could stare at these pics all day long. The problem is, I get dehydrated from the excessive drewling I do.

Hench,

Mighty fine look'n digs you got there. How do you people afford this stuff! I thought studios were dying!?!?!?

I agree with Tedster, that wooden room is striking. I am also curious about it's sound.

DJDM,

I don't want to hear this shit about being on a budget! You're the big Matrix music making guy around here....I think it's time you move on up to da eastside. Get yourself a personal secretary while you're at it.

We should publish a magazine: Better Studios Than Your's.

Think it would sell???

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

Originally posted by Super 8:

DJDM,

I don't want to hear this shit about being on a budget! You're the big Matrix music making guy around here....I think it's time you move on up to da eastside. Get yourself a personal secretary while you're at it.

Damn! ... OK... How fast can you type? ;)

Originally posted by DJDM:

What? Are you saying that my space ain't pretty?

Note the ever present Reason disk, close at hand. :D:thu:

"I don't know anything about music. In my line, you don't have to."

-Elvis Presley (1935-1977)

Originally posted by djwayne:

Originally posted by zeronyne:

Peter Gabriel's little project studio. :D

HERE

That's depressing....How can a poor guy like me compete with THAT ???
and what's really sad, after spending all that money on a studio, he'll be lucky if anybody buys a cd for $11.99 at Best Buy.

Hope you bunch of showoffs don't have big debts to go along with those studio's.

Living' in the shadow,

of someone else's dream....

Originally posted by zeronyne:

Peter Gabriel's little project studio. :D

HERE

That's depressing....How can a poor guy like me compete with THAT ???
and what's really sad, after spending all that money on a studio, he'll be lucky if anybody buys a cd for $11.99 at Best Buy.

Hope you bunch of showoffs don't have big debts to go along with those studio's.

Well... Peter's a freaking millionaire with his own publishing company. Movie composer and the last tour may have made him zillions... so... I guess he'll do fine.

Who Put The ' M ' In MySpace?

don\'t_click | day_job

I don't have a clue about Peter Gabriel's finances. Let's just hope he's not like 11.9 billion dollars in debt, or 41 billion dollars in debt, or 1.8 billion dollars in debt, like some other people I've been reading about lately.

Living' in the shadow,

I don't have a clue about Peter Gabriel's finances. Let's just hope he's not like 11.9 billion dollars in debt, or 41 billion dollars in debt, or 1.8 billion dollars in debt, like some other people I've been reading about lately.

Lets hope so... ;)

Who Put The ' M ' In MySpace?

don\'t_click | day_job

Zeronyne beat me to it! Peter's studio is, hands down, the most beautiful studio I've ever seen. It was built into an old mill on his country estate. The control room was built in the base and was designed to allow an entire band to play from the outside edges. Simply amazing. Plus, it has a set of large windows that look out on the estate. Breathtaking!

Since this studio is one of the most popular studios for major label projects in the U.K., I don't think he's in debt to anyone. ;)

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Yes, I've seen the panoramic pictures of the studio and I agree, it's a beautiful place. I've also listened to many recordings from there, and they sound great. I've looked at his equipment list and that looks great. HOWEVER, nice equipment costs big bucks. Technicians cost big bucks. Maintenance costs big bucks.

To duplicate that studio here in the states would cost a fortune, not only to build , but to maintain and operate as well. I hope the finances are also in good shape.

I'd hate to see Peter Gabriel and Phil Collins standing on a street corner someday with a sign that says,

"Will Record Your Band For Food".

Living' in the shadow,

While on the subject of Peter Gabriel's Real World Studio's, They have a new feature there where they show videoes of some of the sessions going on there. I've only watched a couple and found them very interesting, you may too, if you're into World Music. goto:

http://realworldrecords.com/video/

Check out "Dil Wali Gal Karni" for some interesting vocal chants.

Living' in the shadow,

Yeah, Gabriel's place is very nice. But it looks kind of steryle and damp to me.

Also, when King Crimson recorded Thrack there, Bill Bruford said they couldn't get a decent headphone mix at Real World.

http://www.icpstudios.com

Was pretty impressive. They've got a lap pool in there got god sakes!!!!!

The thing about these places....it's not just the gear, it's the design! The way the rooms are lit and decorated. They just look great.

You can't just do that yourself, you need to hire a consultant or something for that. That's what gets me. It's the 'spare no expense' look of these places.

When you figure in the initial outlay, and add the fact that they have to constantly keep up with all of the new gear being released....I don't know how they can break even!

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

http://www.angelmtn.com/flash/facility.htm

I love this site, and I love how the place looks! I gotta pay it a visit one day. I'd love to have a site like that, too (I wonder how much it cost...too much if I gotta ask :( ). Henchman's Desolation spot is very nice, also!

Peace

If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'til you do suck seed!

Archived