Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

$200 48'' Hyundai piano -estate sale - any info?

LX88

I was at an estate sale this morning and saw a literally new unplayed studio piano ( 48 inch height) for 200 dollars. The brand is a Hyundai.

The piano is out of tune in the midrange so I cant quite tell but the bass and treble sounded pretty good .

I am assuming this is Korean made but I have never heard of Hyundai pianos. I kind of reminds me of a Yamaha , which is as close as I have gotten to a new Asian made piano.

Does anyone know anything about these? If I am going to go for it, the decision must be made relatively soon. The sale is in the country so there isn't a lot of traffic.

I have a seven year old student... I might pass this deal on to them. I recently picked up a 55'' (extended bass strings) Bush and Lane that I plan to restore.

Any thoughts?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
my thoughts. $200.00 to buy it. $200.00 to move it (assuming you are using a piano mover). $200.00 to tune it. So, $600.00 for a 48" upright piano that must look pretty new. I would have done the deal already
:nopity:

LOL

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

I would do it!!!!!! But carefully examine the inside for issues, cracks, mechanical problems etc....
Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

Archived