Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Speaking of Cover Bands... How about the one at the RNC?

HammondDave

Without delving into politics...

Just on a musical note. They have a cover band at the Republican National Convention. They opened with "Happy Together", and now are playing "Hip Hug Her"!

When do we get the Headliners? Oops... They are the Headliners.

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought you were talking about Skynyrd. No offense intended I think Peter Pisarczyk is great and they have done some new material in recent years.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Its a quintet. The keyboard player is using a real B3 (Kudos for that!). The singer looks unsure of what is coming next. Hard to turn down that gig.

When does Ted Nugent go on?

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

I don't know if Uncle Ted will be allowed a mic but I thought I read on FB that Skynrd and Kid Rock were playing the RNC.

From a protesting Never Trump delegate during chaos on the floor: "The jazz band is going a great job! A nice smooth riff..."

What they need is some yacht rock.

G.E. Smith also performed at the 2012 RNC in Tampa, FL.
C3/122, M102A, Vox V301H, Farfisa Compact, Gibson G101, GEM P, RMI 300A, Piano Bass, Pianet , Prophet 5 rev. 2, Pro-One, Matrix 12, OB8, Korg MS20, Jupiter 6, Juno 60, PX-5S, Nord Stage 3 Compact

Double Live Gonzo and Live at Leeds two greatest live rock albums ever.

[video:youtube]

Double Live Gonzo and Live at Leeds two greatest live rock albums ever.

[video:youtube]

Excellent - I like this game. Both great selections ... I'll nominate for the CEB-Best title:

Strangers In The Night - probably too dark a horse for this title, unlikely to win. its the best live hard rock album I know with extensive Wurly throughout.

Kiss Alive - one of the early live hard rock albums - its inexplicable success spurred music exec's impulse to spit out hundreds of otherwise unneeded "live" records for a decade to follow till that craze finally died out. You wanted the Best, You Got The Best ...

Frampton Comes Alive - a single album propelled an unknown brit rocker to the peak of the world rock charts and #1 touring rock act for 2 years. The album faded and so did his career.

Deep Purple - Made in Japan. Perhaps the best live album I know. alas, it was an incremental addition to their already legendary and voluminous musical contributions to hard rock, and for that reason, cannot garner my vote. Unlike our other contestants, I'm fine listening to their prior studio versions.

no, after careful deliberation I must cast my vote for the live album that came from nowhere to take the planet by storm in the latter 70s and lift a then-unknown rock band primarily (and oddly) appreciated in Japan to universal worldwide acclaim, recognition, fame and ... induction to RRHOF! I give you ...

... Cheap Trick Live @ Budokan!

yes, fun game.

The baiting I do is purely for entertainment value. Please feel free to ignore it.

Think they are making more than $500?

Technically, yes... besides the $500 payout, each band member gets a free case of Trump Steaks.

http://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset/scalefit_630_noupscale/56e82f301e000087007043de.jpeg

Kurzweil PC3, Yamaha MOX8, Alesis Ion, Kawai K3M

Technically, yes... besides the $500 payout, each band member gets a free case of Trump Steaks.

http://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset/scalefit_630_noupscale/56e82f301e000087007043de.jpeg

That's a nice "tri-tip"!

So much for a show biz convention.

Wow...

For a "without delving into politics" thread, it sure started "delving into politics" quickly...

..Joe

Setup: Korg Kronos 61, Roland XV-88, Korg Triton-Rack, Motif-Rack, Korg N1r, Alesis QSR, Roland M-GS64 Yamaha KX-88, KX76, Roland Super-JX, E-Mu Longboard 61, Kawai K1II, Kawai K4.

Wow...

For a "without delving into politics" thread, it sure started "delving into politics" quickly...

..Joe

yep...

to try and steer away from that, I thought the keys player kicked butt last night. He was channeling some good grooves and riffs on the EWF tunes they played. i think Larry Dunn would have approved the guy's take on the stuff.

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

They are playing some of the same songs from the 2008 DNC.

They've also received numerous cease and desist demands from Sony and Queen to stop using "We are the Champions" without permission

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

They are playing some of the same songs from the 2008 DNC.

They've also received numerous cease and desist demands from Sony and Queen to stop using "We are the Champions" without permission

The RNC is claimng that all the music being played is actually composed by them. "It's just a series of common musical notes..."

Wow...

..Joe

I am proud that I have tried to be non-political with my comments. They are certainly not meant to be. But if you take them as being so, then I apologize.

One thing I think that this country needs more than anything else is a little less hate and a lot more humor, from both sides.

To get back on track... Where are the headliners? There must be someone famous out there willing to play for this crowd!

Wow...

..Joe

Did it really? For some strange reason, I didn't notice... until you said that.

Unless you mean, like, actually mentioning that this is a convention for the Republican Party (a political organization)... and posting a picture of the actual nominee for the party... is "being political".

:pop:

Kurzweil PC3, Yamaha MOX8, Alesis Ion, Kawai K3M

Archived