Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Case for Kronos 2 73?

jimmymio

Just ordered a Kronos 2 73 and need a case. I've always used hard shell cases as I also bring the sound system and stack things on the KB case when I load my pickup and again when I roll into the venue. The Anvil/Calzone case that I use for my soon-to-be-retired S90ES is as good as when I bought it 11 years ago.

That being said I did notice Korg's plastic case but they don't seem to be available anywhere.

I'd also prefer one without wheels as I already roll everything on a piano dolly.

Just wonder what others are doing and might recommend.

1935 Mason & Hamlin Model A

Korg Kronos 2 73

Nord Electro 6D 61

Yam S90ES

Rhodes Stage 73 (1972)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your S90ES + PC361 is a really nice sounding and versatile rig. Congrats on your new Kronos 2 73. I've been thinking about cases lately too. The 73 size is not as common as the 61, 76, and 88. So if you want something that fits snug, you're going to be limited a bit - especially for hard cases.

Dimensions on the Kronos 2 73 are:

48.07 x 14.61 x 5.83

Gator has a wheel-less soft case:

Interior Length: 51.50 "

Interior Width: 18.00 "

Interior Height: 6.25 "

http://www.gatorcases.com/p/111209-1468/gkb-76

Maybe some of the current Kronos 73 owners can chime in on what they did.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Thanks Elmer. My S90ES is starting to show its age though and I bought the Kronos to replace it. Yes I really want a case that fits snugly and is as small as possible. I've inquired at Anvil and someplace I'm not familiar with- Road Ready. Also curious how people feel about the Korg branded cases.

Korg Kronos 2 73

Nord Electro 6D 61

Yam S90ES

Rhodes Stage 73 (1972)

Try to get the old version of the Gator hard shell case:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GK276Deep

It had two handles on the top so you can use two hands, rather than the new version which only has one - saves your back a lot!

Yamaha CP70B;Roland XP30/AXSynth/Fantom/FA76/XR;Hammond XK3C SK2; Korg Kronos 73;ProSoloist Rack+; ARP ProSoloist; Mellotron M4000D; GEM Promega2; Hohner Pianet N, Roland V-Grand,Voyager XL, RMI

The two handles positioned on the left half and right halves of the case are great for transporting with two people. One standing on the left using their right hand and one standing on the right using their left hand. When lugging alone wheels are even easier than the two handles! ;)

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

I usually roll things on a piano dolly so I'm not too concerned with handle placement or wheels.

I'm mainly curious if anyone has experience with those Korg-branded Kronos cases or with a custom case from Road Ready.

Korg Kronos 2 73

Nord Electro 6D 61

Yam S90ES

Rhodes Stage 73 (1972)

I would get a custom case from Calzone or Kent Custom for it. I have a fantastic, tour-grade, custom case for 3 keyboards from Calzone (my Kronos X 73 is one of the three boards that goes into it):

http://musicplayers.com/reviews/keyboard/2016/0616_CalzoneCase.php

Transforms the gigging experience, assuming you actually need to move more than just the Kronos.

Scott

MusicPlayers.com The FREE online mag for serious musicians

http://www.musicplayers.com

MusicianFinder.com GET YOUR JAM ON

http://www.musicianfinder.com

Thanks Scott. Beautiful blue case but quite a bit to move by myself. I've already contacted Anvil/Calzone. I'll look into Kent Custom.

Korg Kronos 2 73

Nord Electro 6D 61

Yam S90ES

Rhodes Stage 73 (1972)

I recently got a case for my Nord A1 from this place:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KEYBOARD-ATA-CASE-SCRATCH-DENT-FACTORY-SELLOUT-ID-52-3-4-x16-1-4-x6-High-/301890065405?hash=item464a0cd3fd:m:mE8PHrwdGRbaaYGjCc7iLTQ

The case has zero defects even though it was labelled scratch and dent. I'm not sure what the dimensions of the Kronos are, but they have a wide range of sizes and I'm sure they have something that would fit.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

When I looked it up yesterday to grab the link for you, I ended up purchasing a new case for my FA08. Ordered yesterday and it will be here today.

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Good score. But... is the case you got one that was specifically made to fit your KB or is it one that your board just happens to fit in fairly well?

Korg Kronos 2 73

Nord Electro 6D 61

Yam S90ES

Rhodes Stage 73 (1972)

It fits within 1/2" length wise. There is about 2" from front to back, but they supplied a good hunk of foam that fills that gap, which I'll glue in. I might cut that and then have space for the power supply and a pedal or 2. They also sent a piece of about 1" thick foam that is as long as the case that I will glue to the lid to provide more protection to the keys and knobs. Overall, it is a close fit and well worth the price. It's much better than the molded SKB case I was using, which had a gap of nearly a foot to fill in from front to back. I had a big hunk of foam and a blanket in there. I got that off of craigslist and it is a nice case but just too big.

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Archived