Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Simple Software for CD "Mastering"?

Is there software that's inexpensive & bare-bones? I just basically want to do simple stuff, such as specify spaces between songs, place Song Marker IDs in longer, continuous pieces of music (or songs that are crossfaded), and that's about it. I don't need compression, dithering, EQ, or anything else.

(Mac OS 9.1, 466 MHz, and I already have Pro Tools LE 5.1). Thanks!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. This is a link:

http://www.roxio.com/en/company/news/archive/prelease000719.jhtml

I notice that it comes with Bias Peak. So that's considered pretty good, easy to use? I don't need anything fancy. Just looking for some real-world testimonies and recommendations. Thanks again!

The Roxio stuff works just fine. Just make sure you can do Disk At Once burning if you plan to do crossfades and other "non-Red Book spec" activities. I don't know if Roxio does CD Text, but that's becoming an important feature. Technically it's not part of the Red Book spec so not all programs have it.

If you ever do the PC, and have more money than you know what do to with, Sequoia is godlike for burning CDs. An absolutely masterful program. On the budget level, CD-Architect is very music-oriented -- it handles plug-ins and such.

Ah, Mr. Anderton forgot to mention his article in the latest EQ which includes much about CD Archetect. It's not about mastering really (could take a whole book, y'know), but certainly covers the assembly of songs into an album. How about using CD Archetect along with, maybe, the ultrafunk multi-band compressor and some eq plugins?
Rubber Lizard Studio

Archived