Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Help... data recovery software?

Synthoid

I discovered an anomaly with one of my SD cards today... quite a few pictures were "lost." I downloaded a recovery trial version from EaseUS Data Recovery but it's limited in the amount of data it recovers, and I have 9 gigs of pictures. I tried another recommended one (Recuva), and it found everything but is hopelessly slow for selecting everything. Not sure it's working.

Any better recommendations? (For Windows 10) Thanks...

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh, data recovery is such a cash cow of a business. Keep an eye out, there are a lot of scams out there, and partial scams. I recall I bought a license for a piece of software that only worked for x amount of months (pretty much only useful to recover the one time I needed data recovery) and you had to pay again after that. I guess sort of like the beginnings of licensing software (like Adobe and Avid are pushing on us).

Because the outcome isn't guaranteed I'm hesitant to recommend any one in particular, but here are the top rated applications as recommended by CNET editors,

http://download.cnet.com/s/data-recovery/windows/?editor-rating=4

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Ugh, data recovery is such a cash cow of a business.

Yes, I've discovered that. The EaseUS recovery software website promised 2G free data recovery, but after installing only allowed one gig. :pop:

Most of the files on this SD card were backed up elsewhere, but I want to make sure I've got everything.

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Archived