Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Where to post music?

Bif_

Thinking about posting some music. What are you guys/ladies doing?

MySpace used to be a thing. Facebook? Youtube?

Wanting to put some stuff out there, not necessarily for financial gain, mostly looking for a place to share my music.

Maybe I'll get discovered. :laugh:

Kurzweil Forte, Yamaha Motif ES7, Muse Receptor 2 Pro Max, Neo Ventilator

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use DailyMotion for music video and make sure the links to them are visible on Facebook, Twitter and an official web site. I had some run-ins with You Tube in 2015 and left them completely except for just watching video. Otherwise, You Tube would probably be just fine for you.

I include my music into internet radio which is broadcast through Spreaker, which is set to share automatically with Facebook, Twitter and Sound Cloud. I had thought of submitting to I-Heart until I discovered that once you do that, they own your pod-casts.

This is just what I do, but others here probably have better suggestions.

:)

Edited to add that I-Tunes might be a good route, too. I wanted and tried to get our shows onto I-Tunes, but after a few weeks of talking to Apple Support, there was something wrong with my computer and it would not let me log in with any Apple I.D. I tried.

MySpace used to be a thing.

Yes, I remember Noah's first picture on Myspace after the boat was finished. He was so proud...

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Noahs-Ark-Illustration-Shutterstock.jpg

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Thinking about posting some music. What are you guys/ladies doing?

Great Question. I have recently been contemplating the same issue. I have been recording our shows and want to set up sharing between band members. I noticed a lot of people use drop box and not sound cloud. Any Pros or Cons or better alternatives?

Thanks,

Well if you are interested in only private sharing mainly then Dropbox is nice. You can set sharing to specific Dropbox users or you can set to have the file only viewable by people with the link. This is good for audio and video.

YouTube, Sound Cloud and other social sites are better for building an audience. Where you want to make the files public and searchable for whomever might be interested. They have privacy settings too, but the sites are designed for public. Sound Cloud and YouTube are also very popular, so other social sites like Facebook for example allow you to direct link and play the file within the Facebook site or GUI. YouTube is supported as imbedable on Keyboard Corner. Sound Cloud is not since it is newer than this ancient relic of a forum. ;)

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

YouTube is supported as imbedable on Keyboard Corner. Sound Cloud is not since it is newer than this ancient relic of a forum. ;)

Ah, but what a beautiful relic it is. :laugh:

http://www.arqhys.com/wp-content/fotos/2012/05/Petra-Jordania.jpg

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

I noticed a lot of people use drop box and not sound cloud. Any Pros or Cons or better alternatives?

Thanks,

I use Drop Box but you will find some people hate Drop Box (my co-comedian is one of those). For those people, we attach with Google Drive. Just as quick and I believe capable of storing more.

:)

Yes I want it for public sharing. I think SoundCloud is what I need. Thanks for all the responses.
Kurzweil Forte, Yamaha Motif ES7, Muse Receptor 2 Pro Max, Neo Ventilator

Archived