Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

hackintosh music midi user Group??

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tons of people sharing builds, what works what doesn't at http://tonymacx86.com

I dare say a lot of them are musicians looking for a configurable tower based on affordable i5 and i7 CPUs because Apple only makes Mac Pros based on expensive Xeons and high end graphics cards that most of us don't necessarily need (unless you're doing video editing as well).

Depending on what country you live in, it's not legal to install and use OSX on non Apple hardware - breaks the EULA. Which is why you don't see people advertising on Facebook and social media that they have this user group. But for now Apple has left tonymac be, so have at it if you enjoy hacking as much or more than music making because as with all hacks... You'll be constantly fixing stuff that breaks whenever software gets updated.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

• 10 months later...

If you've ever built a PC, you can build a hackintosh.

No difference really other than selecting the right hardware and sites like TonyMac have already done that for you. The OS installation process has been step by step documented on YouTube.

The big suck about most hacks including PCs running Mac OS is updates. If you leave it running a working OS and audio interface, video card whatever with Logic Pro/Mainstage and Final Cut - and it's your work machine... not using it for iCloud with your phone, etc. then great! But if you're updating your OS and phone all the time with Apple's schedule you inevitably break something and need to hack the software again.

Of course the reason people get into Hacking a PC for Mac OS is because Apple refuses to give their creatives a non Xeon based customizable tower. It's iMac or MacPro and nothing in between.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Of course the reason people get into Hacking a PC for Mac OS is because Apple refuses to give their creatives a non Xeon based customizable tower. It's iMac or MacPro and nothing in between.
For now. Let's see what they replace the current Mac Pro with. Yes, it's too long of a wait for some.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived