Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Has anyone tried the LESTER K with Nord Electro 4 or 5?

sagetunes

I'm under the impression that the NE4 and NE5 share the same B3 engine and Leslie sim/overdrive...could be wrong.

I like the Leslie sim in the 4---but I'm just a tad bit short of loving it.

But in any case, I'd love to hear your thoughts if anyone has done this, with either or both.

Thanks,

Sagetunes

Hammond B-2, Leslie 122, Hammond Sk1 73, Korg BX3 2001, Leslie 900, Motion Sound Pro 3, Polytone Taurus Elite, Roland RD300 old one, Roland VK7, Fender Rhodes Mark V with Roland JC90

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK then. Since nobody responded, I had to buy it. I'll be getting it tomorrow---tweaking it sat. afternoon---using it live with a classic rock band sat. night, with my NE4 sw73---reviewing it here by Monday.

If I don't love it, it's going back.

Hammond B-2, Leslie 122, Hammond Sk1 73, Korg BX3 2001, Leslie 900, Motion Sound Pro 3, Polytone Taurus Elite, Roland RD300 old one, Roland VK7, Fender Rhodes Mark V with Roland JC90

Your review would be greatly appreciated. We have 3 thumbs up on the Lester K from forumites in the last few weeks. No one has tanked it as poo yet.

Right-O---can't wait. There will be a review.

I've got an SK1 as well. I think I'll try it on that on my fri. night gig. Here's the thing--It's more easily usable on the Nord because of the ability to route the B3 to one side and the pianos to the other. It's true you can get around that on the SK issue, but I don't wanna have to use a mixer---I'll just use the bypass switch--not ideal--and see how it goes. For me, I won't really know until I'm on the gig. Both the SK1 and NE4 have solid sims---we'll see if this thing blows me away---kinda hope it does. And no, I've never tried the Vent, so I won't be able to do that comparison.

Wow, couldn't wait for a response? I read this at school and figured I'd drag out my NE4 when I got home, but you already committed.

For what it's worth, here's what it sounds like with my reface YC:

[video:youtube]

It got buried in the other Lester thread, so you probably missed it.

I enjoy mine with the YC and NE2......... Didn't think to try it with the 4.

JK

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

Thanks JK. Yepjust had extreme curiosity, GAS, and unfettered need of instant gratification.

In any case, heres my review:

I wont bury the leadIts a very good Leslie sim, but its not better than the internal NE4 sim or the SK1 sim. I spent about an hour A/B-ing the Lester vs. both.

I ran all three in mono thru a powered PA speaker because thats what I do on the gig.

All three sims are very good, bordering on great---and theyre all slightly different. Ill give the Lester a slight edge in Overdrive---but its so slight--not worth the extra hassle on a gig. Its not the money. The price point is tremendous. The Lester K is a fantastic value. If you are dissatisfied with your sim, or just tired of it, get this pedal.

Im glad I did this A/B/C experiment.

My rankings taking into account OD:

1. NE4

2. a tie between SK1 and Lester.

BUTIve had the NE2 and NE3, and the Lester is better than those. Ive also had the Korg BX3 and the Roland VK7---the Lester kicks the shit out of those, which reflects the evolution of digital Leslie technology.

Lester K---great pedal, but its going back. It would have to really outclass the other 2 for me to take it to gigs. It doesnt.

Archived