Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Joey D Does Organist Impressions

JohnnyB3

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what I learned from that video is Don Patterson and Charles Earland both played with only 3 fingers in their right hand. I would never have guessed. Going to see Joey on Sunday as part of DC Jazz Fest. Can't wait. :cool:
:nopity:

Awesome.

I listen to his show every week.

He really digs up some old fantastic recordings like Earl grant and many others.

Have fun at DC.

Bloody Lucky You

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

Thx. That led me to this :cool:

[video:youtube]

I bet there isnt any music Gospel Hammond players cant play. The musicality they have is just amazing.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

Back on topic, I have heard that Joey D has whatever you call the auditory equivalent of a photographic memory. He hears it once and he can play it and always remember it. I think that ability is really on display in this video.

Endorsing Artist/Ambassador for MAG Organs and Motion Sound Amplifiers, Organ player for SRT - www.srtgroove.com

Back on topic, I have heard that Joey D has whatever you call the auditory equivalent of a photographic memory.

Back off topic :laugh:

What kind of memory do you figure this kid has? 14 here and still doesn't read a note of music :cool:

Since this thread is off topic anyways,
What about this thread, which is about Joey D and other organists, is off topic?

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Since this thread is off topic anyways, this guy makes that thing talk. Wonder kids are cool but you only get this with years on.

Not to be a heretic or anything, but I was more impressed with the tasteful piano player who was backing him up.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

• 4 months later...

Hi, I just want to share more cool music from Joey. The first one is a song I'm trying to figure out now. In the second video Joey also plays trumpet and sings and the guitarist plays an amazing solo incorporating bluesy licks reminding me of George Benson.

Of course it does, so does any style. When I saw Chick live recently I felt the same way. He was just awesome, it's Chick Corea!! But still, after his hour long set I had heard enough for a while.

Bob

Hammond SK1, Mojo 61, Kurzweil PC3, Korg Pa3x, Roland FA06, Band in a Box, Real Band, Studio One, too much stuff...

Joey is one of the most "complete" musicians I know. And though he usually doesn't get enough credit for it, he's an exceptionally soulful ballad player. I'm often more blown away by his slow playing than when he's ripping it.

Dennis

Dennis

Archived