Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I can't stop hording Ventilators!

eric

It's become a thing for me. I've become hopelessly addicted to the sound of the Vent, used primarily with my NS2 for the past 5+ years. It's a special piece of gear.

I have my first Vent (the classic) mounted in my rack and that is where it lives. For the longest time, I only used my Vent on gigs and otherwise, just dealt without it at home or in rehearsal, when 90% of the time, I do not lug my big gig rack.

About a year ago, I picked up a Mini Vent for Organ secondhand and started using that for rehearsals. I traded that one up for the Vent II and have been happily using this between home and rehearsal space. But I got lazy...I grew weary of remembering to take it out of my home studio area and carry it to band practice.

Which leads my to my THIRD Vent, holy crap! I grabbed a killer deal from Ashby Solutions on another Mini Vent for Organ and grabbed it.

Now I have my Vent I for gigs, Vent II for home, and Mini Vent for the rehearsal space.

It's a darn cool machine. I feel very fortunate to have this convenient way to use one wherever I need it.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a real Vent there Eric... We should all get help!!!

LOL

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

Yeah, sadly I am a ventaholic. I got one when Guido was shipping them from Germany. Then when the V2s came out I got another V1 for a spare in case you could get a new one if it broke. Then I had to move out of state and put most of my stuff in storage. So I bought another one because my others are packed up 2000 miles away. At least this one was about half of what I paid for the first one cause I got it used and the V1s are kind of old news. But i mostly use vb3 whose sim is more than passable so i usually don't bother hooking up the vent. I still like the vent better. The vent is king.

FunMachine.

I've got a minty Vent II for sale if you're interested....no kidding.

Korg Kronos 61 (2); Kurzweil PC4, Roland Fantom-06, Casio PX-350M; 2015 Macbook Pro and 2012 Mac Mini (Logic Pro X and Mainstage), GigPerformer 4.

I haven't used my vent (original) since I sold my Kurz. The vent transformed that board's B3 sounds, and I even used it to boost the EPs and Clavs (with the vent on "brake").

Since I've been using the SK2 I haven't needed it, but I've missed it. Moving from the SK2 back to an 88-key piano looking forward to using the vent again!

Muzikteechur is Lonnie, in Kittery, Maine.

HS music teacher: Concert Band, Marching Band, Jazz Band, Chorus, Music Theory, AP Music Theory, History of Rock, Musical Theatre, Piano, Guitar, Drama.

I would do this with every piece of gear I had were it possible.

I tried that for awhile, but it became difficult hiding the new keyboards from my wife. :laugh:

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Maybe you should have been a ...

(wait for it)...

Vent-TRI-loquist

:rimshot::facepalm:

Fixed in the quote.

See, he's got three of ... oh nevermind...

Gear:

Hardware: Nord Stage3, Korg Kronos 2, Novation Summit

Software: Cantabile 3, Halion Sonic 3 and assorted VST plug-ins.

Guilty as well. I have 2 original and 1 vent ll. Really for convenience.
Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

Eric, you could end up with a Vent' for each day of the week. I also have an original Ventilator that's being put up for sale :D

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Archived