Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Update on my Casio PX-5S situation!!!

Darcity

Based upon my previous post, most of you know my situation with my new board. So I returned the first board this past Friday afternoon to UPS and was told that I would have a replacement by Wednesday/Thursday this week. To my surprise, TUESDAY AM, the new board showed up at my business!!! MIKE MARTIN and the staff at ZZOUNDS, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE!! It's situations like this that make you a client and a customer for life!!

Now the board.....there are NO WORDS!! Smh. This is the SLEEPER of the music industry, as Hyundai was to the auto industry! The weight, the feel, the controller capabilities, the sounds, the price.....You CANNOT beat this value of amenities! I can't believe I'm so late to the game. If you don't have one, at least go check one out; you won't be disappointed.

Yamaha MODX8, Korg Kronos 2 61, Hammond B3, Novation 61SL MKII, Impulse 61, Roland D-550, Proteus 2000, etc......to name a few.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats, and enjoy!

But disappointed there isn't actually a PX-5S update. :P

Thx bro!!

Oops I better change that!! lol

Yamaha MODX8, Korg Kronos 2 61, Hammond B3, Novation 61SL MKII, Impulse 61, Roland D-550, Proteus 2000, etc......to name a few.

Darcity: excellent! You are going to love the board.

I have one...the infamous painted red one..lol

Take your time and really play around with the stage settings. There are a ton of good sounds right out of the box.

I don't know if you do Facebook, but come join the Facebook group (px560/px5s).

Once you get familiar with the board, you will find a wealth of information and cool custom stage setting created by Mike Martin, Rich F, and a lot of us regular users.

The only suggestion I would make, if it's something you may like: Get the "alternate order" setup. Mike M. created it and it places all the like sounds in the same groups. i.e. pianos on 0-0 thru 0-9, etc...

Other than that, enjoy, and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Lastly, while any board is not for everyone...heck I don't even use mine for every situation.... the true gem of Casio's new pro products is their customer support, chiefly Mike Martin. His willingness to be totally accessible is almost reason enough to get one. Secondly, his attitude about helping users has filtered down to us regular scrubs in which we all like to help fellow PX5S users.

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

Yes. I play my PX-5S as much as I can. I practice on it a lot and I finally have 2 or 3 EP sounds that I like. The piano sound was tweaked long ago and I like it.

Just need strings..... rich, full strings.....

Brass too.....

Mono mode - cannot - so I will pair it with a small synthesizer.

Korg Kronos, Roland RD-88, Korg Kross, JP8000, MS2000, Sequential Pro One, Micromoog, Yamaha VL1, author of unrealBook for iPad.

Darcity: excellent! You are going to love the board.

I have one...the infamous painted red one..lol

Take your time and really play around with the stage settings. There are a ton of good sounds right out of the box.

I don't know if you do Facebook, but come join the Facebook group (px560/px5s).

Once you get familiar with the board, you will find a wealth of information and cool custom stage setting created by Mike Martin, Rich F, and a lot of us regular users.

The only suggestion I would make, if it's something you may like: Get the "alternate order" setup. Mike M. created it and it places all the like sounds in the same groups. i.e. pianos on 0-0 thru 0-9, etc...

Other than that, enjoy, and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Lastly, while any board is not for everyone...heck I don't even use mine for every situation.... the true gem of Casio's new pro products is their customer support, chiefly Mike Martin. His willingness to be totally accessible is almost reason enough to get one. Secondly, his attitude about helping users has filtered down to us regular scrubs in which we all like to help fellow PX5S users.

Thanks a lot David!! I'm already on the Casio forums as Maestro D!

Archived