Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

[iOS] Galileo Organ - updated to v3

Kawai James

Hello chaps,

I noticed this update on my iPad last night:

What's New in Version 3.0

Introducing Galileo Organ 3.0, now completely modernized!

We've upgraded Galileo Organ with our most powerful MIDI platform yet:

Faster, more efficient and robust MIDI handling

UI-based MIDI Learn: simply select a control to teach it when in learn mode, double tap it to access more preferences

Configurable control range for continuous parameters

Binary or momentary MIDI toggle handling for binary parameters

New MIDI Map manager with easier on-the-fly programming

Ability to export/import MIDI Maps so that you can save and share profiles for your favorite MIDI setups

Abilty to individually enable physical MIDI ins

Native handling of sample rates 44.1k through 96k

Improved sound processing

New Tapedeck unit with features including loop in/out, panning and more

Improved screen layout for better workflow

Latest Audiobus SDK

Tons of other improvement

I didn't have a chance to try it after updating, but the changelog looks pretty good! ;) I wonder if the Leslie sim is improved?

Cheers,

James

x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol, not really...I came home last night and saw the number above the AppStore icon on my iPad, so took a look to see which apps had updates: Google Maps, YouTube, GMail, etc. (as always, with no detailed information on what was new), along with Galileo (with a nice, long changelog!).

I actually expected to see a new thread (or bumped older thread) about the update when logging into the forum this morning. There didn't appear to be one, so took the liberty of posting. ;)

Cheers,

James

x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.

Same thing happened to me the day the update came out. I did read something in the ipad musicians facebook group regarding Galileo. When I noticed it was an update and then kept on reading the update notes I almost jumped out of my seat. I was just what I needed!

My main problem with Galileo was I had no way of inverting the sliders on my Novation Launchkey to behave as drawbars would (back to forward movement simulating pulling drawbars out). This was fixed with this update by Yonac providing a min/max midi value option to each and every parameter. It even allows me to set a button in my controller as a toggle on/off by setting min/max parameters to 0 and 127. This is perfect for toggling percussion on/off, perc volume soft/normal, 2nd/3rd harmonic with a single button. I can even use a knob for choosing chorus/vibrato!

I don't know if Yonac frequents or even reads this forum but I want to thank him publicly for this 3.0 update. As someone who uses Galileo twice a week at church you have made me the happiest user since yesterday. Thank you!

Kawai MP7SE ::: Yamaha CK-61 ::: Novation Launchkey 61 ::: Roland CM-30 Speaker ::: Ipad Mini 5 with a lot of apps for live playing (Hammond B3-X, PianoTeq 8 iOS, Korg Module, Thumbjam, etc.)

I played a large festival a few weeks ago.

I noticed th ekeys player in the band before us had an iPad setup with a Novation board, above his Motif 7.

During setup, I walked over and saw he was running Galileo.

During their sound check, I walked out front to the lawn area. This was the first time I'd ever knowingly heard Galileo thru line arrays in a very large setting.

I was blown away at the power of it. Sure, it's not going to "fool" dedicated organ players, but in the band setting it was perfect. Cut through when it needed to, and sounded like a rock organ to me.

As such, I have started messing around with mine again and may incorporate it into my rig.

The update is excellent

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

Archived