Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Custom Hammond organ MIDI controller

Hi everybody, I just finished a project I've been working on for the last year and half. It all started when I saw the Dave's excellent Hammond midi controller.

Anyway I put together a brief summary of the project: Design and realization of organ MIDI controller

If you find anything worth explaining I will try to put it there. I can also share the blueprints if you are interested.

http://s33.postimg.org/594echwa7/image.png

direct upload

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so happy to see a completed project. It certainly is a long haul to see it to completion!

I considered some of the same design choices you made - drawbars actuating linear pots, and sheet metal folding for chassis and drawbar tray. Wish I had your precision metal bending capabilities!

It would be great to see a closeup pic of the controls.

Great job!

Moe

---

Thank you for your comments!

Actually the bending technique was far from "precise". I had to use a hand operated bench and bend the flanges around a wooden plank because the threads had already been formed so that they could go into the wood and not deform. It was the part which I was most concerned about but the chassis turned out to fit nicely together.

I will post more closeup pics ASAP.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for a late response, I've been busy last week. I'm using the Vb3 organ, but I'm quite interested in the open source setBfree plugin.

Here are some more pictures. As you can see in the first one there is a slightly lifted transparent plastic sheet with the printed scale on the bottom side. At first I printed it on the upper side but the ink got scratched quite easily.

_DSC4692.jpg

56.png

rect4077.png

Archived