Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Wassup Peeps

desertbluesman

My wife is about to go to Florida for a week, leaving me here in the Sonoran Desert to crack up and dry, so I told her however much you spend on this trip I am spending also. So I am thinking Fender Super Champ X2, Eminence Lil Buddy 10" hemp cone speaker and foot switch. 3 wires, one from guitar to amp, one from foot switch to amp and one from amp to AC. Light weight grab and go amp. Easy set up. I had that same set up a year ago and I am sorry I sold it.

As of now if I wanna go out and jam with the gear I have, I need a head and cab, pedal board, and guitar, that is 2 heavily laden trips in-out.

The SCX2 is a guitar in one hand, amp in other, both lightweight.....

$474 at Sweetwater, no shipping no tax......

So go ahead wifey spend baby spend. ;~)

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What do they have in that range with a 12"? To my ear, even at whisper quiet bedroom practice volume, anything smaller than a 12" sounds small & uninspiring. And I'm a totally clean, as close to acoustic as possible, kind of guy. Is there a 12" Champ of some sort? I'm pretty sure the Champs from my youth (late 60's) were equipped with a 12".
Scott Fraser

What do they have in that range with a 12"? To my ear, even at whisper quiet bedroom practice volume, anything smaller than a 12" sounds small & uninspiring. And I'm a totally clean, as close to acoustic as possible, kind of guy. Is there a 12" Champ of some sort? I'm pretty sure the Champs from my youth (late 60's) were equipped with a 12".

Thanks for your reply Scott,

I have already had a SCX2 with the hemp cone 10" speaker, but sold it and regretted it soon after. I also have 2 1-12 cabinets with very efficient EVM 12L's in them, and truth be told with the hemp cone speaker it was a close sound match with the 12" EVM12L's and the 10" Lil Buddy. Of course I tried all different combinations for tonal comparisons, and the Lil Buddy won out because of the ease and size/weight of the amp...

For real gigging of course I would use either my Egnater Tweaker head and one of the EVM 12L's, and my pedal board. Or my Hot Rod Deluxe with an on board C-Rex hemp cone speaker and pedal board, of course for extra loud, the HRD with both EVM 12L's and the C-Rex out of the mix at that time. For carrying all that stuff in, I would need some dollars to compensate ;~)

Sounds like a good case of GAS DBM! +1 on the easy in/out/setup concept. Have fun with getting out there and jamming with the new gear! :thu:

I have the choice, fly back east to visit family, or buy new gear. Right now it is a tossup as far as which choice I will make. I really don't "need" the X2, but it will last a bunch longer than visit.....Juggling the ideas.....

My wife is flying up to Oregon to visit her brother and sister-n-law for 5 days in July. I'm staying home as I don't like flying and I'm a stump rancher now. I'll promise not to buy any equipment while she's away LOL! :cool:
Take care, Larryz

My wife is flying up to Oregon to visit her brother and sister-n-law for 5 days in July. I'm staying home as I don't like flying and I'm a stump rancher now. I'll promise not to buy any equipment while she's away LOL! :cool:

You know, buying equipment while your wife is out of town is just another way of telling her how much you miss her. You're just trying to fill the void.

And please let me know how that explanation works out. I take no responsibility if you end up sleeping in the dog house.

Scott Fraser

For my grab & go guitar > cable > amp scenario, I have a little Carvin Vintage 16 combo with a 12". Nice because it has a mid control in addition to bass & treble, & a low output switch. Sounds nice, though I'm a little bummed that the reverb stopped working. Need to get that fixed.
Scott Fraser

You know, buying equipment while your wife is out of town is just another way of telling her how much you miss her. You're just trying to fill the void.

And please let me know how that explanation works out. I take no responsibility if you end up sleeping in the dog house.

That's pretty darn funny Scott LOL! :roll:

My new grab and go is one of my Guitars, my Roland Cube EX 4 along with a mic and a mic stand, and 2 cords...

Take care, Larryz

Yeah, Scott, if it works, go for it!

MY wife wouldn't buy it. :D

@DBM: Maybe it's good you live out there, and probably don't know some of the guys I do.

They'd take those "hemp cone" speakers of yours and try to SMOKE 'em! :D

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

If the speakers were smoke-able Fang, the cones would have been gone day after delivery.

http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/dance2.gifhttp://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/dance3.gifhttp://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/drinks.gif

Archived