Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

MAKCFH on June 25th!!

eric

Hey friends on the forum, it has been a few years since we had a formal Mid-Atlantic Keyboard Corner Forum Hang (aka MAKCFH) and Markyboard has graciously offered to host one at his house on Saturday, 6/25. We're talking about a mid-day event somehow anchored to food, beer, keyboards, and of course, good company!

Please let us know if you're interested and Mark will provide additional details as the time draws nearer.

For anyone in the MD/DC/VA/NC area (or farther away), it would be great to see you and hang at Mark's house. He has a compelling gear collection and I'm sure a few of us can bring a few other items to make it even more fun. :wave:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We certainly welcome any of our fellow KC members from the far reaches of the galaxy....err...country or even overseas to make this event. I realize the longer travel distance makes this way more difficult but we'd love to have any of you folks from exotics locations like Australia, Europe, England or (cough) Idaho join us. How 'bout you Mid-Westerners? Paging Michigan. One of these times we may even get our California brotha's to joins us

If you're in the DC area around the 25th or would like to be, let us know.

We got beer... damn it!

we'd love to have any of you folks from exotics locations like Australia...

If I may boldly speak on behalf of the antipodeans - thank you for the invite! Sadly it's a little costly and a little out of my way at short notice, but it's nice to be thought of. Sounds like a fun gathering though. Especially the beer part.

Plus I've always wanted to be thought of as "exotic".

If you're in the DC area around the 25th or would like to be, let us know.

I'm in the DC area almost all year long, just not then, of course. I'll be texting you guys from the British Virgin Islands though to make sure everything is OK, just in case. ;)

BTW, Mark and I will be hanging out with Joey DeFrancesco and Corey Henry on Father's Day, June 19th, if anyone can make that. The show is just a few blocks from Barock's crib on Pennsylvania Avenue. :D

:nopity:

Plus I've always wanted to be thought of as "exotic".

It's all perspective Paul. I love Washington DC although I can't imagine anyone calling it exotic. And I'm pretty sure I don't have to ask if you've ever been to Springfield Virginia :bor:

It's not exotic, and neither am I, but I'll be there.

~ Bill C.

Gear:

Hardware: Nord Stage3, Korg Kronos 2, Novation Summit

Software: Cantabile 3, Halion Sonic 3 and assorted VST plug-ins.

I had to bail on the last one, but I think I can make it this time. :)

Korg Kronos 61 (2); Kurzweil PC4, Roland Fantom-06, Casio PX-350M; 2015 Macbook Pro and 2012 Mac Mini (Logic Pro X and Mainstage), GigPerformer 4.

I think I can make this! Nothing on my plate for that day.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Markyboard, tried to PM you, you are over your limit.

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Markyboard, tried to PM you, you are over your limit.

I just deleted a number of PMs but it shows I'm well under the 400 quota (if I understand it correctly). Anyway cool that you can make it Dan. If the PM isn't working still let me know.

Now, if you all hop in a car and come to Nashville...then Mike Martin, Ken Soper, Steve Nathan, myself and a few others could join you... :idea::poke::D

j/k

dB

Summer NAMM - forgot about that. Oh well, one of these days we'll have you guys over here basking in the sweltering summer heat and humidity of Northern VA while enjoying a cold brew (and swatting away the mosquitoes).

You guys should live stream it.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• 2 weeks later...

Back from Maine and we're about 1 and a half weeks out so time for a bump. All are welcome, don't be shy, and don't make me start naming names. Oh and yes Carlo, we'll certainly raise one in celebration of your B-day.

Bumpity Bump bump

It is with great sadness that I will be outta town and unable to make the MAKCH on the 25th. I'm truly gonna miss you all. :(

Unless something changes in my schedule, raise a beer or two and make joyful noises on the toys, er, KBs for me. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

A little OT, but kanker will be in Bethesda with the T-birds on 7/30.

07/30/16 - Bethesda Blues & Jazz Supper Club - Bethesda, MD

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I am playing in Wytheville VA that night. I wish it would have been Sunday... What a great place to hang. Enjoy guys

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

It is with great sadness that I will be outta town and unable to make the MAKCH on the 25th. I'm truly gonna miss you all. :(

Unless something changes in my schedule, raise a beer or two and make joyful noises on the toys, er, KBs for me. :cool:

So you'll be dropping off the DX7II the night before?

:idk :boing:

I am playing in Wytheville VA that night. I wish it would have been Sunday... What a great place to hang. Enjoy guys

[video:youtube]

Story of my life!!! Day late and a dollar short!!!

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

I'm bringing home made hot sauce too.

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

So you'll be dropping off the DX7II the night before? :idk :boing:

I most certainly will if anybody has a remote interest in poking around with FM technology. :)

Who's idea was this anyway? Oh ...hey Prof... :wave::D

Guilty as charged. Got my MAKCH brethren up and ready to roll.

Then, I get one of those calls stating you know we're supposed to be in Bubblef8ck, XX on the weekend of... :laugh:

Please believe, if there is any way I can get out of this other thing, I will be at the MAKCFH.

DanL, I'm sure Marky won't mind holding on to the hot sauce until I can get over there to pick up the DX. :D:cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Archived