Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hammond Organ Pedalboard?

wjk

I've been waiting patiently for a Hammond A, B or C series organ to show up for a reasonable asking price, locally. One just popped up in the local Craigslist ads for $500 - not the steal some of you have gotten, but about as good a price as I've seen around these parts. The organ is an A-100, for $500 - only it's missing the pedalboard. I haven't gone to look at it yet, but how much should missing the pedalboard count toward a lower price (if not already factored in by the owner - and more importantly, do pedalboards for A100s show up for sale by themselves with any regularity (and for how much)?

Thanks!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A, B, C, A100, E100, H100, R100 should all work. B pedalboards should be matched with benches, or have their heel rests removed. Some of the transistor organs also have pedal boards that will work, but might need the tube at the right end shortened (angle grinder, cutoff wheel). Ditto for X66 and X77, think. RT-series and Concert Model E pedal boards will have too many pedals (32 instead of 25).

eBay prices are too high. I think I would sell you a nice H100 set for $100, but that's too high, too. Shipping alone would be too much.

There is a moron near here selling a pedalboard with missing contact pushers. Watch for this. Happens to aborted MIDI projects. You could always make new ones if you happen to have a sheet metal brake and metal chop/band saw. Or lots of patience.

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

I'd offer you one for free, but am half way across the country.

That's damn fine of you, mate stubb. I'm guessing that, because of their size and dimensions, that they'd be a fairly pricey item to ship.

That's damn fine of you, mate stubb. I'm guessing that, because of their size and dimensions, that they'd be a fairly pricey item to ship.

I guess that would depend on how badly you want one. :laugh:

"I  cried when I wrote this song
Sue me if I play too long"

Walter Becker Donald Fagan 1977 Deacon Blues

And weight. They are darned heavy and awkward to handle.

Moe

---

Archived