Rustar Posted May 28, 2016 Share Posted May 28, 2016 When playing the G above middle C with an Ex voice, the note sounds at the maximum volume even with a minimal to moderate key strike. I have found that I can work around the problem by setting the velocity sensitivity to "4" for the patch, which equalizes all of the notes to respond to minimal velocity key strikes. This somewhat solves the problem, since I only use the Ex voices during rehearsal. I opened the unit to inspect for any obvious problems such as debris, etc, and gave the insides a good cleaning out. I removed the G key to inspect the velocity sensor, palpated (a medical term) it and found nothing amiss. The next step would be to removed the PCB to visually inspect it from that angle, but that is beyond my pay grade. Reassembled and is working fine. I did a factory reset, but never thought that would help, since it only affects software settings. I then upgraded to the latest OS, thinking that might have a better chance at the hardware level. No luck. But since I had reset the programs to factory default, I revamped my programs and downloaded all of the available patches from the H/S site and am pleased with the array of favorites I now have. Please if you can, shed any light on this or at least let me know I'm not alone. Thanks to all. Quote Hammond SK1, Casio PX5s, Motif ES rack, Kawai MP5, Kawai ESS110, Yamaha S03, iPad, and a bunch of stuff in the closet. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.