Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

CP4 bonus sounds?

timwat

I just stumbled across this 1.5 year old YouTube from Bruno Zucchetti. He's demonstrating a set of Performances (all same base internal sounds of the CP4), and the vid is impressive. Has this been discussed before? Also, I'm not sure what to do with the downloadable file. It appears to be a Windows file that my Mac doesn't recognize, and of course there are questions about install.

Forgive me if I missed a previous discussion on this vid:

[video:youtube]

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice. Did not realize it would do all that. Good thing I've got enough toys.

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

Tim,

It's a Performance data file, in .C7A format. Just download it, save it to a USB stick, put the stick in the CP4 and load his set of Performances (after saving your own set to the USB stick). Then you can decide which of his you like, reload your own performance set, then selectively load his Performances that you like into open slots in your set. I use several of his.

Mike

well, they are 3rd party sounds for sure and yes they have been discussed in previous Yamaha CP4 threads. However Tim, as much as you contribute here, don't feel any need for apologies. ;)

I did load these sounds once about a year ago, had to do a factory re set for some reason or another along the way and never re installed them. I do remember liking the Yamaha Upright piano preset. The price is right on these sounds. :thu:

:nopity:

I remember seeing this video a year or so ago and really being forced to give my CP4 a deeper look. Just because there isn't the same depth of editing as there is on a workstation doesn't mean it doesn't have a great set of stock sounds that can be modified to a fair degree and combined into some useful performances.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Obvious call, but many of these need two FC7s or similar to really work, so it might involve a bit of extra cost :)

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

Obvious call, but many of these need two FC7s or similar to really work, so it might involve a bit of extra cost :)

I noticed this, too. I do remember seeing this vid just before I bought mine; but between needing two expression pedals to get the most out of a lot of the programs and just plain being very satisfied with the factory sounds plus what I've been able to cobble together on my own, I never downloaded these. It is pretty cool though to see what this board is capable of.

D-10; M50; SP4-7; SP6

I'm a fairly accomplished hack.

The video includes only a few of the Performances that are in his data file ... mostly the flashy ones. There are a lot more, including some tasty AP and EP variations, splits, and layers, and other cool stuff.

It makes for a pretty enjoyable afternoon, actually, to run through his 128 Performances, checking out the sounds and also scoping out the logic of how he created them.

Mike

Archived