Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: HAL Got Me Again!!!

Markyboard

All I did was uninstall the KB3035583 update, which is the GWX app. I have my machine set to check for updates, but not install them, so I can go ahead and uncheck the ones I don't want, such as the KB3035583 update. Never have to worry about Win10 again!

I may, however, update my laptop, just to try it out, but my main computer is staying on 8.1--if it ain't broke, don't break it!

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, SY77/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Roland RD-1000/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All my personal devices and our workplace machines have been upped from 7 and 8.1 to Win 10. Only issues were with old machines with AGP video for which the third party vendor has not updated their drivers. Then you get the MS basic driver which may not fully support newer monitors.

All went smoothly otherwise and reverted to the Classic Win 7 like desktop when the upgrade finished. Makes no sense to me to leave it until after the 29th of July when MS start charging for the upgrade.

As far as MI stuff goes vendors appear to be well behind the curve in updating their stuff to be compatible with both Win 10 and El Capitan. And there is a lot of stuff out there like audio interfaces where vendors have said they will not release updated drivers compatible with Win 10. They want to use Win 10 as a lever to sell current product.

While I have stayed on Yosemite for now I cannot see any difference between the issues folk are experiencing with old DAWS and audio drivers on Win 10 or El Capitan.

When used with current 64 bit software both work better than ever.

Also take into account the next major Win 10 update is scheduled for after the end of the free update period.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

Archived