Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

SONAR- do you have to upgrade in a paticular path or can you go from 1.0 to 1.31?

i have sonar and have never upgraded, i bought it so am going to today because i cant' get it to work right with my win98se can i go from the first version directly to the last or do i have to upgrade in a paticular path ?, thanks for your help folks, and if any body knows what the best os is for sonar please tell, i have and AMd athlon 1.20.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
usually you can use any upgrade that is the same version: 1.0 to 1.0.1 or 1.1 or 1.31 ect. if you wanted to go from 1.0 to 2.2, you'd have to install 2.0 first, and then 2.2. (just an example, i don't think sonar is at 2 yet) the 1.31 upgrade should have some installation instructions that will tell you what to do. sorry, i don't use sonar or windows, so that's all i can help with.

Install the 1.0 version, then the upgrade to 1.2. After than, you can go directly to 1.31, bypassing the 1.3 version. 1.31 (and 1.2) are available at [url=http://www.cakewalk.com]www.cakewalk.com[/url] for the registered owners, and there's complete instructions about all of this on their website. Phil O'Keefe Sound Sanctuary Recording Riverside CA http://www.ssrstudio.com pokeefe777@ssrstudio.com

[quote]Originally posted by Nawledge: [b] and if any body knows what the best os is for sonar please tell, i have and AMd athlon 1.20.[/b][/quote] If your hardware can support it Windows 2000 or even Windows XP is the best OS for SONAR. With these Operating system you can run the CPU much higher (>= 90%) with stable audio. In particular you should make sure that any MIDI interfaces you have would be supported, and look for WDM audio drivers. -david abraham

Archived