Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

SHURE-versus- PEAVY: mics, who's got the guts that count OR Guts is guts.

Say a werd ten times over and over and it becomes nonsensical somehow.

See? ahahaha!

I just got some PEAVY mics for a song (ahahaha)and I was wondering if I should even try to use them in a pro setting.

they are(two) as follows: (1)PV unidirectional and (1) PVM 22 diamond series. are they road worthy?.

how are they AS GOODE as shure fifty seven?. or are they?

I'm also getting a nice peavy cabinet. very nice. Peavy seems to have made some decent stuff. is it?

i need to hurry up and get my BRADLEY DANGER UNIT attenuator.. Thanks for lettin' me share.

Frank Ranklin and the Ranktones

WARP SPEED ONLY STREAM

FRANKIE RANKLIN (Stanky Franks) <<<

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a PVM 380n, it was supposed to be like a 58 but better, maybe it is, I don't have a 58. I got 3 57's - pretty good mic, I'd rather have 421's.

I'd also like a life somewhere in the less hot part of hell :cool:

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

thanks dudes! i looked them up and they ain't all that and NO chips.

Theys just a couple of low budget look-a-likes.

they'll work for a while I'm sure.

I'll just hot 'em up and stay back or use 'em as spares. .

and I still have my shures.

WARP SPEED ONLY STREAM

Originally posted by pseudonym:

I got a PVM 380n, it was supposed to be like a 58 but better, maybe it is, I don't have a 58. I got 3 57's - pretty good mic, I'd rather have 421's.

I'd also like a life somewhere in the less hot part of hell :cool:

thats a purty kitty. is that one of them hairless cats?. i found one of them hairless cat babies once't and so later I named him bitey. I kept him till he bit the third fanger off.

i skinned him and dressed him out and he was thirteen pounds of sour-meat sausage and chops. and a banjo head. still got that banjo.

someofthesewordsareliesandsomeain'tandsomeareandsomeain'tahahahaha

WARP SPEED ONLY STREAM

The Peavey PVM 22 is a great mic and is very durable. On vocals I'd pick it over anything in the Shure line except the Beta 58A. IMHO, the Peavey (PVM 22) is superior to the SM57 and '58 and I've used them all a fair amount.
No matter how good something is, there will always be someone blasting away on a forum somewhere about how much they hate it.

I have a PEavery mic, that I lost 15 years ago, I found it a month ago, scratches all over, I was going to throw it away, but I decided to try it in a concert.......WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!! it works great after 15 years[about 10 years, from house to house, and box to box, lost]

ANd it works as if it were new :eek::eek::eek: NOw top that :P:P

Jesus Is Coming, Make Music, Get Ready!

I have owned a few SM58's, and a a Peavey that was the competitor of the SM58. The peavey sounded brighter, and more shimmery. The SM58 was more muted and probabaly more even, but since I have a bassy voice, the PEavey sounded better for me. The only thing I have noticed over the years with Peavey mics is that they seem to have more handling noise than others. Other than thet, I think they are great values for the money.

Archived